Recent Grant Awards
The ESU Faculty Research and Creativity Committee awarded the following seed grants in January, 2011:
- Bailey, Melissa. Biological Sciences. The Effects of Green Tea Extract on Fetal Hydantoin Syndrome. $11,819.
- Crupper, Scott. Biological Sciences. Sorangium cellulosum Taxonomy. $12,137.
- Edds, David. Biological Sciences. Potential Impacts of Zebra Mussel Invasion into the Neosho River Basin. $11,960.
- Follo, Giovanna. Sociology, Anthropology and Crime and Delinquency Studies. Oral Histories of Female Martial Artists: The Search for Women in Martial Arts. $7,059.
- Koerner, Brenda. Biological Sciences. The Success of Invasive Legumes: the Role of Symbiotic Rhizobia. $12,534.
- Mallein, Darla. Social Sciences. Using the Multiple Intelligences to Teach Primary Sources – A Field-Based Project. $1,980.
- Simons, Kim. Physical Sciences. Investigating the Activity of Cdc14p, a Phosphate Required for Mitotic Exit. $3,000.
- Sundberg, Marshall. Biological Sciences. The Role of teosinte branched 1 in Ear Development of Primitive Land Race Maize and its Implications for the Evolution of Maize. $14,065.
- Thierer, Joyce. Social Sciences. Grace in the Flint Hills: History, Geology, and Identity. $3,000.
- Yang, Yixin Eric. Biological Sciences. Effects of Zerumbone at Physiological Concentrations on the Proliferation and Invasion of Human Malignant Melanoma Cells. $13,479.