Internal grants awarded by the ESU Faculty Research & Creativity Committee
The ESU Faculty Research and Creativity Committee awarded the following seed grants in January, 2013:
- Bailey, Melissa. Biological Sciences. Hydroxyurea Teratogenesis: The Effect of Embryonic Exposure to Green Tea Extract. $11,450.
- Crupper, Scott. Biological Sciences. Isolation of Microsatellites from Geomyces destructans. $12,444.
- Edds, David. Biological Sciences. Early Detection Techniques for Zebra Mussels. $11,396.
- Lovett, Christopher. Social Sciences. The Malmedy Massacre Hearings and Joe McCarthy’s First War on the U.S. Army. $1,500.
- Luebbers, Paul. Health, Physical Education, and Recreation. Effects of Occlusion Training on Acute and Chronic Biomarker Response and Measures of Muscular Strength and Size. $12,344.
- Miller, Brian. Social Sciences. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. $2,000.
- Nutbrown, Diane. Physical Sciences. Lithium-Specific Fluorescent Sensors: Probing the Pharmacological Treatment of Bipolar Disorder. $10,116.
- Riegler, Roxane. English, Modern Languages, and Journalism. The Invention of Reality: Erich Hackl Gives Voice to the Forgotten. $3,228.
- Stephens, Elizabeth and Jennifer Doyle. Music. Perceptions of Rural and Suburban Music Educators. $1,688.
- Yang, Yixin Eric. Biological Sciences. Roles of a MicroRNA Hsa-let-7a on Human Malignant Cell Proliferation and Invasion. $13,669.
Prior awards made by the Faculty Research & Creativity Committee.