About the Research and Grants Center
The Research and Grants Center (R&G) is responsible forfacilitating activities of faculty and staff seeking external support for research and scholarly/creative projects by:
- coordinating university-wide policies and procedures relevant to externally sponsored programs;
- disseminating information on funding opportunities;
- assisting with all aspects of proposal submission;
- assisting with fiscal administration of grants and contracts; and,
- ensuring compliance with federal, state, and university regulations governing externally sponsored programs.
To assist you in identifying potential funding sources, R&G subscribes to:
Grants Resource Center (GRC) - provides monthly electronic announcements of grant deadlines and opportunities, and provides personal assistance in identifying funding sources or obtaining information from federal agencies. Faculty and staff have access to GRC's web site, which contains electronic publications such as GRC Deadlines and GRC Bulletin, GrantWeek, Federal Register announcements, federal agency and private foundation links, and a searchable grant database. Contact R&G for the username and password.
SPIN (Sponsored Programs Information Network) - offers a searchable grant database containing information on over 10,000 grant programs, as well as a funding opportunity notification service. The R&G staff will assist faculty in the use of these services or will perform funding searches upon request.
To provide support for other research activities, the Research & Grants Center coordinates the following:
- (IRB) Institutional Review Board for the Treatment of Human Subjects -The IRB link contains the complete institutional guidelines as well as appropriate application forms.
- Faculty Research and Creativity Committee (FR&CC)- administers an internal grants programintended to provide seed money for projects that have potential for external funding. The Committee has an annual December deadline (date varies). For additional information, please refer to the annual grants program announcement - more info
- Research and Creativity Day- held each spring and provides an opportunity for faculty and students to share their research interests through oral presentation and poster exhibits. Watch the announcements page for information relating to this event.
- President's Award for Research and Creativity- honors an ESU individual who has been active in research and scholarly activity. The request for nominations is issued in February each year.
- Student Research Grants– provide funds for undergraduate and graduate student research – more info
- Proposal Incentive Program – professional development funds are available for faculty submitting external grant proposals - more info
- Faculty Travel Assistance Program – provides funds for faculty who are presenting or participating in other eligible activities at regional, national, or international conferences - more info
Click on the Policies link above for complete information on resources such as student research grants, travel assistance, publication and page charges, and others.