Monday, October 6th – This FREE event will be held at the ESU Football Stadium, the same day as the Intramural Flag Football Championships. Come out and check out the games, and show off your skills! The activities will start at 6:00pm with the Women's Championship flag football game, followed by the Punt, Pass, and Kick contest at 7:00pm, and then the night will conclude with the Men's Championship flag football game. To participate in the contest please be at the stadium by 7:00pm to register.
1. The competition is open to all ESU Students. Males and Females will compete separately.
2. There is no charge to participate in the PUNT, PASS & KICK competition.
3. All participants must show a valid ESU Hornet Card, and sign a release of liability form.
4. All participants must register on-site and submit Release of Liability form to the University.
5. Participants must be present at the scheduled starting time in order to compete. Failure to do so may result in ineligibility.
6. No practice rounds will be held.
1. Each participant is allowed one punt, one pass and one placekick as part of his or her competition.
2. Scores are based distance. For example, if a participant passes the ball 100 feet, the final score for that throw will be 100. Scores are based on exact feet and inches (partial inches are rounded to nearest inch). Participants cannot receive a negative score, but they can receive a score of zero.
3. A participant's final score is his or her cumulative total for the three individual events. For example, if the participant scores 40 for punting, 60 for passing and 22 for kicking, the participant's final score would be 122.
4. If a participant goes over the line prior to or before releasing or making contact with the ball, he or she is penalized five feet. The only exception is in kicking, where a participant may go over the line without penalty, provided the tee is placed on or behind the line.
5. There is no violation if the kicking tee is kicked with the football during the kicking event.
6. Scores are determined from where a participant's punt/pass/kick first makes contact with the ground. Bounces or rolls do not add to the score.
7. If a participant tries to punt, pass or kick and misses the ball completely, it does not count as an attempt, and another attempt is allowed.