Women & Weights
This FREE workshop is designed specifically for women to help familiarize and build confidence in the weight room in a non-intimidating and fun atmosphere. Women & Weights will be led by of our student female personal trainers and they will help educate you on how to lift weights properly and provide an understanding as to why adding strength training to your exercise routine will benefit you. The purpose of the program is to:
- To educate about proper exercise form
- To teach the importance of strength training
- Help you overcome fears, misconceptions, and myths of the weight room and large group settings
- To debunk myths about women and resistance training
- Build confidence
- Help with designing a weight training program
- And to help with any other questions you might have about weight training
When: Wednesday, September 16 and Thursday, February 25
Where: ESU Student Recreation Weight Room
Time: 7-8 pm
Who: Any Emporia State University student or faculty/staff can attend for FREE!
**During the workshop the weight room will be closed to the public. It is also recommend that you come in comfortable workout attire and close-toed shoes because the trainers will lead participants through some circuit training.