The Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash is a 5K obstacle course race that is going to be held at Camp Alexander on September 22nd, 2012. During this extreme run you will have to trudge through massive mud pits, crawl through barbed wire trenches, climb over cargo nets, and maneuver your way through a variety of other obstacles!
Once you have dominated all the obstacles, there will be a celebration with LIVE music from Russell Dickerson starting at 12pm! Food vendors and kids activities will also be available on site! Even if you aren't participating in the run, you can still come out and enjoy the music and cheer on your friends and family!
The entry fee for the race is ONLY $10!! All proceeds from the event will go towards scholarships to assist kids from Lyon County to go to camp.
How to Register
- To register fill out the online entry form or download a paper entry form
- Paper entries can be turned in at Center for Student Involvement located in Memorial Union (1st floor) or at the Student Recreation Center
- Entries may also be mailed to: Center for Student Involvement, 1200 Commercial Street, Box 4065, Emporia, KS 66801
- On-site registrations will be accepted the day of the event
- If paying by check, please make checks payable to “ESU Community Hornets Fundraiser"
Optional Nirtty Gritty Dirt Dash T-shirts may be purchased. Shirts will be $10 and must be purchased by September 14 at 5:00pm.
Wave times: The first wave of runners will start at 10:00am. We will continue to send runners out on the course until 12:30pm.
Location: Camp Alexander
1783 Road P5
Emporia, KS 66801
Race Length: 3 miles
Day of Race
Check-in will open 30 minutes prior to the first wave of the day. All teams and invidiuals must check-in and sign a participant waiver before they begin the race.
Rules & Safety
The following rules and guidelines are intended to help create a fun and safe event for all participants.
- Participants must abide by all instructions given from the race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Participants understand and acknowledge Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash is an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course and all obstacles.
- Participants must be 14 years-old or older on race day in order to participate.
- Participants assume all responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training and/or participating in Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash, including but not limited to
hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services
- We highly recommend participants wear running shoes.
- Participants should dress appropriately you WILL get muddy.
For more information about the event please contact Whitney Runer at 341-5944.
Sponsored By: Emporia State University, Union Activities Council, Associated Student Government, Community Hornets, Camp Alexander & ESU Recreation Services. For additional information about the sponsors click on the logos below.