Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash
Once you have dominated all the obstacles, there will be a celebration with LIVE music from (To be determined)! Food vendors and kids activities will also be available on site! Even if you aren't participating in the run, you can still come out and enjoy the music and cheer on your friends and family!
All proceeds from the event will go to the “Children’s Champion Network” which helps to provide funding to Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Emporia Child Care and Camp Alexander.
- Registration date is March 1-April 4
- To register fill out the online entry form
- The cost is $25. This price includes a t-shirt
*In order for us to get your shirts printed before the event, online registration will close at 5:00pm, on April 4, 2014.
Wave times: The first wave of runners will start at 11:00am. We will continue to send runners out on the course until 1:30pm.
Location: Camp Alexander
1783 Road P5
Emporia, KS 66801
Race Length: 3 miles
Day of Race
Check-in will open 30 minutes prior to the first wave of the day. All teams and invidiuals must check-in and sign a participant waiver before they begin the race.
Rules & Safety
The following rules and guidelines are intended to help create a fun and safe event for all participants.
- Participants must abide by all instructions given from the race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Participants understand and acknowledge Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash is an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course and all obstacles.
- Participants must be 14 years-old or older on race day in order to participate.
- Participants assume all responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training and/or participating in Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash, including but not limited to
hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services
- We highly recommend participants wear running shoes.
- Participants should dress appropriately you WILL get muddy.
For more information about the event please contact Whitney Slater at 341-5944.
Sponsored By: Emporia State University, Union Activities Council, Associated Student Government, Community Hornets, Camp Alexander & ESU Recreation Services. For additional information about the sponsors click on the logos below.