Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash
This years Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash is moving to campus! The Dirt Dash will be hosted on April 18th beginning at 11am. The course will run through campus woods, starting and ending at Trusler Sports Complex. The course will contain 15 obstacles that will push your body and test your abilities to climb, crawl and jump! Registration will start the week of March 9th and will be open for race day entries at 10:30 AM on April 18th.
All proceeds from the event will go towards Emporia Child Care, Big Brother/Big Sisters of the Flint Hills and Camp Alexander
- Registration date is March 9-April 10
- To register fill out the online entry form
- Prices: Adults- $25, ESU students- $15 (with code dirtdash), Youth (18 under)- $15
*In order for us to get your shirts printed before the event, online registration will close at 12:00 pm, on April 10, 2015.
Wave times: The first wave of runners will start at 11:00am. We will continue to send runners out on the course until 12:30pm.
Location: Trusler Sports Complex
701 E 18th Ave
Emporia, KS 66801
Race Length: 3 miles
Day of Race
Check-in will open 30 minutes prior to the first wave of the day. All teams and individuals must check-in and sign a participant waiver before they begin the race.
Rules & Safety
The following rules and guidelines are intended to help create a fun and safe event for all participants.
- Participants must abide by all instructions given from the race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Participants understand and acknowledge Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash is an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course and all obstacles.
- Participants must be 14 years-old or older on race day in order to participate.
- Participants assume all responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training and/or participating in Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash, including but not limited to
hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services
- We highly recommend participants wear running shoes.
- Participants should dress appropriately you WILL get muddy.
For more information about the event please contact Whitney Slater at 341-5944.
Sponsored By: Emporia State University, Union Activities Council, Associated Student Government, Community Hornets, & ESU Recreation Services. For additional information about the sponsors click on the logos below.