Healthy Hornet Challenge
What is the Healthy Hornet Challenge?
The Healthy Hornet Challenge is designed to encourage healthier living through the 6 dimensions of wellness. This five week program is designed with incentives to develop a commitment to healthy choices. This opportunity is FREE for ALL students, faculty and staff. ESU Faculty/staff will also have free access to the student recreation center while participating in the event.
From February 3, 2014, through March 7, 2014, your challenge is to gain as many points as possible each week, report your points, and get healthy! This year we have added new activities and added more chances to earn points, so there will be plenty of opportunities to win some cool prizes and awards!
- Build a team of 4 (or do it individually). Teams can be comprised of all students, staff, faculty or combined
- Register between December 2- January 31
- Fill out and submit weekly score forms
- Attend Healthy Hornet special events on campus to earn extra points (Special Event Calendar)
- Compete to win prizes!
- All participants will need to complete the online registration form: Registration Form
Each week points will be awarded for participating in healthy habits. There will also be opportunities for bonus points each week through special events.
- Click on the form to see what activities you will receive points for *Healthy Hornet Points Form*.
- The score sheet is broken down into the six areas of wellness: physical, social, spiritual, environmental, intellectual, and emotional. Within each area of wellness are specific activities for which you can gain points.
- Attend special events each week to receive bonus points.
|Week 1 (2/3-2/9)|
|Week 2 (2/10-2/16)|
|Week 3 (2/17-2/23)|
|Week 4 (2/24-3/2)|
|Week 5 (3/3-3/7)|
- Fill out the following form to report your points: Healthy Hornet Points Form
Scores must be submitted by NOON on the Monday after the completed week to be counted! If you are the team captain make sure team members have submitted their scores.
- 600 = Water Bottles (Successful HealthQuest completion)
- 750 = Healthy Hornet t-shirt (Faculty-Staff receive free SRC memberships through FY14)
- Top student team receives a free team entry for each of team intramural leagues.
- Top faculty/staff team receives free SRC memberships through FY14.
- Receive raffle tickets for each special event that you attend. At the end of the challenge we will have a prize drawing for a Fitbit Zip (watch Fitbit Zip video clip)
Faculty and staff participants that earn 600 points, you will receive 5 credits for the HealthQuest Rewards Program, which will help qualify you for the $480 insurance premium discount.
- Complete at least 600 points in the Healthy Hornet Challenge.
- Receive your "HealthQuest completion" certificate which contains a code.
- You will need to enter this code into the self-report form on the HealthQuest website to be awarded your 5 credits toward your HealthQuest reward.
- Go to http://www.kansashealthquest.com/
- Register, or sign in.
- Click on “Self-Report Forms” from the left menu.
- Complete the form titled “Agency Wellness Program”.
- Enter the code that is provided on your certificate when prompted.