Healthy Hornet Challenge
The Healthy Hornet Challenge is designed to encourage healthier living through the 7 dimensions of wellness. This five week program is designed with incentives to develop a commitment to healthy choices. This opportunity is FREE for ALL students, faculty and staff. ESU Faculty/staff will also have free access to the student recreation center while participating in the event.
From February 1, 2016, through March 4, 2016, your challenge is to gain as many points as possible each week, report your points, and get healthy!
- Build a team of 4 (or do it individually). Teams can be comprised of all students, staff, faculty or combined
- Register between December 1- January 30
- Fill out and submit weekly score forms. Each team member is responsible for completing and submitting their weekly scorecard online.
- All participants will need to complete the online registration form: Registration Form
Each week points will be awarded for participating in healthy habits. You are logging your own points--to get the greatest benefit from this Wellness Challenge, it is important that you be honest in reporting how many healthy habits you engage in
Scores must be submitted by NOON on the Monday after the completed week to be counted! Each participant is responsible for submitting their scorecards. If you are the team captain make sure team members have submitted their scores.
You will receive a weekly e-mail giving you information about bonus challenges, upcoming events, tips, leaderboard updates, reminders to log your points and more!
We will be holding two special events that you will be able to receive extra points for our Kick-Off Fitness Assessment Night and a Fit Fair.
Kick-Off Fitness Assessment Night- Student Personal Trainers will administer personalized blood pressure, cardiovascular fitness, muscular fitness, flexibility and body composition testing. From there they will create individualized exercise recommendations.
Submit Your Scores
|Week 1 (2/1- 2/7)|
Week 2 (2/8-2/14)
|Week 3 (2/15- 2/21)|
|Week 4 (2/22- 2/28)|
|Week 5 (2/29-3/4)|
Daily Tracking Sheet (This does not need to be turned in this is only to help you track your days)
Student Individual Scoreboard
- Silver Level- 185 points= Specialized Healthy Hornet gym towel and also for Faculty/Staff (Successful HealthQuest completion)
- Gold Level- 300 points = Healthy Hornet t-shirt
- Top Student Team will receive 4 free intramural passes.
- Top faculty/staff team receives free SRC memberships through FY15.
Faculty and staff participants that earn 185 points, you will receive 5 credits for the HealthQuest Rewards Program, which will help qualify you for the $480 insurance premium discount.
- Complete at least points in the Healthy Hornet Challenge.
- Receive your "HealthQuest completion" certificate which contains a code.
- You will need to enter this code into the self-report form on the HealthQuest website to be awarded your 5 credits toward your HealthQuest reward.
- Go to http://www.kansashealthquest.com/
- Register, or sign in.
- Click on “Self-Report Forms” from the left menu.
- Complete the form titled “Agency Wellness Program”.
- Enter the code that is provided on your certificate when prompted.
The Seven Dimensions of Wellness
- Physical: Engaging in healthy activities, and taking care of one’s body, nutrition, fitness, medical self-care
- Emotional: Developing self awareness, managing stress in healthy ways, care for emotional crisis, relaxation
- Spiritual: Seeking meaning and purpose in human existence. It involves the tolerance of values and beliefs of others and participating in activities that are consistent with personal values.
- Intellectual: Education, thinking about things in new ways, mental stimulation, career development
- Social: Healthy relationships with family, friends, and others, a sense of belonging, contributing to a community
- Occupational: The occupational dimension recognizes personal satisfaction and enrichment in one’s life through work.
- Financial: Financial wellness is having an understanding of your financial situation and taking care of it in such a way that you are prepared for financial changes.