30 Day Healthy Hornet Challenge
The 30 Day Healthy Hornet Challenge is designed to encourage healthier living through the 7 dimensions of wellness. This program is designed with incentives to develop a commitment to healthy choices. This opportunity is FREE for ALL students, faculty and staff. ESU Faculty/staff will also have free access to the student recreation center while participating in the event.
For 30 Days- February 1, 2016, through March 2, 2016,- your challenge is to gain as many points as possible each week, report your points, and get healthy!
- Build a team of 4 (or do it individually). Teams can be comprised of all students, staff, faculty or combined
- Register between December 1- January 30
- Fill out and submit weekly score forms. Each team member is responsible for completing and submitting their weekly scorecard online.
- All participants will need to complete the online registration form: Registration Form
Each week points will be awarded for participating in healthy habits. You are logging your own points--to get the greatest benefit from this Wellness Challenge, it is important that you be honest in reporting how many healthy habits you engage in
Scores must be submitted by NOON on the Monday after the completed week to be counted! Each participant is responsible for submitting their scorecards. If you are the team captain make sure team members have submitted their scores.
You will receive a weekly e-mail giving you information about bonus challenges, upcoming events, tips, leaderboard updates, reminders to log your points and more!
- Silver Level- points= Specialized Healthy Hornet gym towel and also for Faculty/Staff (Successful HealthQuest completion)
- Gold Level- points = Healthy Hornet t-shirt
- Top Student Team will receive 4 free intramural passes.
- Top faculty/staff team receives free SRC memberships through FY16.
Submit Your Scores
|#1 (2/1- 2/8)|
|# 2 (2/9-2/15)|
|# 3 (2/16- 2/22)|
|# 4 (2/23- 3/1)|
|Daily Tracking Sheet (This does not need to be turned in)|
Faculty and staff participants that earn points, you will receive 5 credits for the HealthQuest Rewards Program, which will help qualify you for the $480 insurance premium discount.
- Complete at least points in the Healthy Hornet Challenge.
- Receive your "HealthQuest completion" certificate which contains a code.
- You will need to enter this code into the self-report form on the HealthQuest website to be awarded your 5 credits toward your HealthQuest reward.
- Go to http://www.kansashealthquest.com/
- Register, or sign in.
- Click on “Self-Report Forms” from the left menu.
- Complete the form titled “Agency Wellness Program”.
- Enter the code that is provided on your certificate when prompted.
Seven Dimensions of Wellness
The seven dimensions of wellness is an approach to living a healthy and balanced life by recognizing their influences on our well-being. Each dimension is being considered individually but it is important to recognize that the dimensions are not independent of one another: they are interconnected.
- Emotional Wellness- This dimension involves feeling positive and enthusiastic about ourselves and life, in general.
- Physical Wellness-Physical Wellness is obtained by a healthy body maintained by good nutrition, regular exercise, avoiding harmful habits, making informed and responsible decisions about health, and seeking medical assistance when necessary.
- Social Wellness -Is the ability to relate to and connect with other people in our world.
- Financial Wellness- Involves the process of learning how to successfully manage financial expenses. Money plays a critical role in our lives and not having enough of it impacts health as well as academic performance.
- Intellectual Wellness - Is the ability to open our minds to new ideas and experiences that can be applied to personal decisions, group interaction and community betterment.
- Occupational Wellness-Is the ability to get personal fulfillment from our jobs or our chosen career fields while still maintaining balance in our lives.
- Spiritual Wellness-Involves our personal values and beliefs that provide a purpose in our lives.
Kick-Off Fitness Assessment Night- Student Personal Trainers will administer personalized blood pressure, cardiovascular fitness, muscular fitness, flexibility and body composition testing. From there they will create individualized exercise recommendations.