Did you make that usual New Year’s Resolution to lose weight, get into better shape, or look good for your spring break trip. Then join us in the Healthy Hornet Challenge. There is no better time to work on your health that at the beginning of a new year!
What is the Healthy Hornet Challenge?
The Healthy Hornet Challenge is designed to encourage healthier living through physical activity, nutrition, and overall wellness. This six week program is designed with incentives to develop a commitment to healthy lifestyle choices. This opportunity is FREE for ALL students, faculty and staff. ESU Faculty/staff will also have free access to the student recreation center while participating in the event.
From January 28, 2013, through March 8, 2013, your challenge is to gain as many points as possible each week, report your points to your team captain, and get healthy! This year we have added new activities and added more chances to earn points, so there will be plenty of opportunities to win some cool prizes and awards!
This will be a team challenge (4 members per team), however we will be giving out individual prizes as well. We hope you will find this fun and encouraging in developing positive lifestyle changes.
We will be taking registrations from November 27th until January 27th.
HOW TO EARN POINTS
Each week points will be awarded for participating in healthy habits. You will use the provided Excel spreadsheet to track your progress throughout each week. There will also be opportunities for bonus points each week through special events.
- Download the personal tracking sheet and track your weekly progress.
- Attend special events each week to receive bonus points.
*Bonus points will be tracked on your Healthy Hornet punch card and turned it in at the end. If you attend 15 of the 20 event you will be entered for a chance to win a color NOOK.
- Turn in individual score sheet to team captain.
- Team captains will submit the scoresheets each week to email@example.com
*We will be sending out an email each Friday to give details about the upcoming week!
Personal Tracking Sheet (Excel)
Personal Tracking Sheet (PDF)
450 = Sport Bags (Successful HealthQuest completion)
750 = Healthy Hornet t-shirt (Faculty-Staff receive free SRC memberships through FY13)
Top student team receives a free team entry for each of team intramural leagues.
Top faculty/staff team receives free SRC memberships through FY13.
Completed Punch Card go into a drawing for a NOOK COLOR! (See Note regarding taxability of prize)
Note: The winner of the NOOK COLOR must submit a completed W-9 as required for IRS reporting purposes. The value of the NOOK may be reported to the individual on a Form 1099-MISC. If an employee of Emporia State University wins the NOOK, the value of the NOOK will be reported on the employee’s W-2 as a taxable fringe benefit and employee will pay taxes on the value of the NOOK.
POINTS TOWARD HEALTHQUEST INSURANCE DISCOUNT
- Successfully complete at least 450 points in the Healthy Hornet Challenge.
- Receive your "HealthQuest completion" certificate which contains a code.
- You will need to enter this code into the self-report form on the HealthQuest website to be awarded your 5 credits toward your HealthQuest reward of a $480 insurance premium discount.
- Go to http://www.kansashealthquest.com/
- Register, or sign in.
- Click on “Self-Report Forms” from the left menu.
- Complete the form titled “Agency Wellness Program”.
- Enter the code that is provided on your certificate when prompted.
* Accumulate 450 daily points by March 8, 2013.
* By successfully completing the Challenge, you will earn 5 credits for the HealthQuest Rewards Program.
That’s it! You are earning those valuable points!