Ph 620-341-5372 - Toll Free 1-877-378-5433 (877-ESU-JIEE) - Fax 620-341-6674 - JIEE@emporia.edu
Kansas Regional Reading Recovery University Training Center
Teacher Leader Training
(candidates must have a master's degree)
- year-long residency program
- 21 hours post graduate course work
- the daily teaching of four Reading Recovery students
- participation in a graduate level curriculum in literacy theory, leadership and program implementation, and clinical teaching work
- field experiences with Reading Recovery teacher training classes
- attendance at professional development conferences and institutes
- working with district and site administrators to prepare the site for program implementation
Following the training year, the trained teacher leaders return to their home districts and work full time teaching children, training teachers in Reading Recovery, and performing other duties related to the maintenance of a site.
- year-long program -one evening a week
- 7 graduate credit hours
Experienced teachers attend weekly classes, work with at least eight children and participate in school visits with the teacher leader and colleagues.