Emporia State Presidential Search Committee
- Andy Tylicki, President of St. James Academy
ESU faculty, staff and administration
- Dr. Cynthia Kane, President of the Faculty and Professor of University Libraries and Archives
- Dr. Sarah Sutton, Assistant Professor in the School of Library and Information Management
- Dr. Sharath Sasidharan, Associate Professor in the School of Business
- Dr. Zeni Colorado, Chair of the Department of Instructional Design and Technology in the Teachers’ College
- Dr. Brent Thomas, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Nikki Metz, Vice President of the Unclassified Commission
- Darcy Johnson, Chair of the University Support Staff Commission
- Janet Weaver, Associated Student Government President
ESU alumni and Foundation
- Kim Penner, Board Chair of the ESU Foundation
- Steve Williams, Incoming Board Chair of the ESU Foundation
- Dennis Baker, Alumni Association Executive Committee
- Megan Burgess, Alumni Association
- Rob Gilligan, City Commissioner and Former Mayor
- Jose Feliciano, Jr., Flinthills Mall Merchant Association
Board of Regents
- Zoe Newton, Regent
- Dr. Andy Tompkins & Dr. Blake Flanders, Kansas Board of Regents
Search Firm: AGB Search
- Jim McCormick, Consultant
- Janice Fitzgerald, Assistant
Board of Regents Charge to the Search Committee
- The Committee shall assist and advise the Kansas Board of Regents in the selection of the next President of Emporia State University.
- The Committee shall recommend to the Board in the form of a “Statement of Leadership Characteristics” or “Presidential Profile” the criteria for the position of President of Emporia State University to be approved by the Board by the June 2015 Board meeting. The Board asks the Committee to consider inclusion of strong demonstrated skills in innovation, entrepreneurship, fiscal management, relationship building, creative problem solving, and implementation of a strategic plan.
- Appointees to the Committee will serve without predetermined bias for or against any prospective candidates nominated, referred, or discovered in the search process.
- Committee members will agree to review all candidates without regard to race, religion, creed, or national origin.
- Committee members shall commit to preserve the confidentiality of the search process and candidate identities. Such confidentiality is essential to the successful outcome of the search and must be maintained with professionalism and diligence at all times throughout the search process.
- Appointees will serve with the understanding that the Committee will meet frequently over a period of months and that in-person attendance at scheduled meetings is a top priority.
- The Committee shall work with the advice of a Board retained executive search consultant to search and screen for appropriate candidates. The Committee shall evaluate nominations and applications.
- The Committee will present to the Kansas Board of Regents an unranked list of three to five candidates who are the most qualified for Board selection as the next President of Emporia State University. The Committee will work to advance the final three to five candidates to the Board by November 2015.