Back to Study Abroad

For ESU Faculty

Faculty-led Programs:

  • Faculty-led Handbook: This guide offers planning strategies and highlights for faculty-led programs
  • Approval Form for Faculty-led Programs: The packet contains all the forms required for requesting approval for and conducting a faculty-led program through Emporia State University.
  • Fee Assessment Sheet: This document creates the budget, enrollment, and payment schedule for students participating in a faculty-led study abroad program.
  • Adjustment Worksheet: This document is used to make changes in budget, enrollment, and payment students will make for a study abroad program.


Please advise students:

Students must first apply and receive approval for a study abroad program before submitting paperwork for ESU travel grants. Travel grant applications without study abroad program application will not be considered.

Internationalization Grant for Faculty


Travel Documents

  • Getting a U.S. Passport: This page contains useful information for advising students/faculty about getting and renewing their passports.
  • Visas for studying abroad: This page contains country-specific information about visa requirements (Entry/Exit Requirements for U.S. citizens).  

Health and Security


Tips for Traveling Abroad

Blog for International Travel

  • Social media platform for blogging about international experience. Requires creating an account.
  • Blog and advertising site for faculty-led programs.


International Currency