Nursing Curriculum / Course Descriptions
- The Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree requires 128 total credit hours: 60 nursing credit hours and 68 non-nursing credit hours.
- The complete list of non-nursing course requirements and prerequisites to admission are found in the Department of Nursing Admission Guidelines.
- Pre-Nursing students generally apply for admission to the nursing major during 2nd semester of the first year courses.
- Students must be admitted to the nursing major (or acquire special permission) to enroll in nursing courses.
- Nursing course descriptions may be viewed in the current ESU undergraduate catalog.
An example of a nursing curriculum plan follows.
SAMPLE NURSING CURRICULUM PLAN
including new general education requirements effective Fall 2009 and new nursing courses effective for Fall 2011 admissions to the nursing major.