FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The nursing program is accredited by the Kansas Board of Regents and approved by the Kansas State Board of Nursing (KSBN). The program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). For more information about the program contact NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. Telephone: (404) 975-5000.
First Time Pass Rates for National Licensure Examination
Traditionally the pass rate for students taking the national licensure examination for registered nurses (NCLEX-RN) has been at or above the national and state mean for the percent of students passing the NCLEX-RN on the first attempt.
2008 Pass Rate = 96.30 %
2009 Pass Rate = 96.97 %
2010 Pass Rate = 93.94 %
2011 Pass Rate = 85.71 %
2012 Pass Rate = 100 %
To view a comparison of pass rates for Kansas nursing programs see the "Multi-Year Pass Rates" at www.ksbn.org. The NCLEX-RN pass rate information published by KSBN includes all ADN and BSN nursing programs in Kansas.
All graduates of the nursing program seeking employment in the nursing profession have been able to secure positions in the profession.
Graduate and Employer Satisfaction
At 6 months and 5 years, graduates report being satisfied or highly satisfied with the nursing program offered at Emporia State University. Employers are satisfied with the graduates' performances by indicating they would likely again hire graduates from our nursing program.
Student and Graduate Accomplishments
ESU nursing students and graduates have distinguished themselves in many ways.
- Accepted into competitive undergraduate and graduate internships
- Involved in advanced educational programs or practice (nurse practitioner, nurse anesthetist, nurse midwife, clinical nurse specialist, nurse educator, nurse administrator)
- Participated in state and national conventions
- Represented Kansas at an international conference in Brazil through the Helene Fuld Fellowship
- Involved with ESU activities, such as athletics, student government, the Ambassador program and Xi Phi honorary leadership program