Newman Division of Nursing
GUARANTEED ADMISSION OPTION
High school seniors and first-semester college freshmen who enroll in pre-nursing courses at Emporia State University (ESU) are eligible for guaranteed admission to the nursing program. Successful completion of all of the following requirements must occur in order to be admitted through the Guaranteed Admission Option.
- Apply and be accepted to ESU as a pre-nursing major student.
- Review current ESU Newman Division of Nursing (NDN) Admission Policies for Generic Students carefully and contact the NDN office regarding questions about admission requirements or the Guaranteed Admission Option.
- Complete the LETTER OF REQUEST form for the Guaranteed Admission Option and submit it to the ESU NDN. Confirmation of receipt will be mailed to the student.
- By June 1, complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at ESU from the list of non-nursing courses in the "Curriculum" section of the ESU NDN Admission Policies for Generic Students and achieve at least a 3.0 GPA for all courses taken at ESU(Institutional GPA).
- Students must comply with the requirement to achieve a “C” or higher in specified non-nursing course work that is marked with “+” regardless of overall cumulative GPA.
- Transfer courses do not qualify for meeting the required minimum of 30 credit hours to be taken at ESU for the Guaranteed Admission Option.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (Overall GPA).
- Attain the performance level of “proficient” or higher on the nursing preadmission test.
- Complete all of the “Admission Requirements” listed in the ESU NDN Admission Policies for Generic Students. Watch deadlines carefully.
- Follow the “Application Procedure” as instructed in the ESU NDN Admission Policies for Generic Students and submit all application materials by May 1. Final admission letters will be mailed in June of the admission year.
Current ESU NDN Admission Policies and the LETTER OF REQUEST form are available at:
ESU NDN Office: 1127 Chestnut Street, Emporia, KS 66801 or call 620-343-6800, x5654