Children, dependents of ESU employees earn scholarshipsJune 15, 2011
Four Emporia State University students whose parents are classified employees will receive scholarships for the 2011-12 school year.
Classified Personnel Dependent/Child Scholarships are given each year to undergraduate or graduate students who are children of ESU classified employees.
The recipients for 2011-12 are:
- Spencer Anderson, a junior majoring in psychology and son of David and Sharlene Anderson of Lebo and Allison Anderson of Emporia. Sharlene is administrative specialist in University Facilities.
- Skyler Delmott, a graduate student in biology and son of Dennis and Patty Delmott of Emporia. Patty is application developer II in Technology and Computing Services.
- Jacinda Scrivner, an undeclared freshman and daughter of Robert and Marjory Scrivner of Americus. Marjory is administrative specialist in Conference and Scheduling in the Memorial Union.
- Megan Woods, a junior majoring in elementary education and daughter of Eddie and Sue Woods of Emporia. Sue is an accountant in ESU's Business Affairs office.
The scholarships each year are funded by a joint effort between ESU Facilities and the university’s Classified Assembly. Held each spring, the fundraiser includes drawings for prizes donated by area businesses and ESU business partners, cash donations and a hot dog feed.
The 2011 event, which will go toward 2012-13 scholarships, was held May 6. More than $5,700 in prizes were donated, and sales of $1 tickets and raised $3,771. Another $2,125 in cash donations came from businesses and business partners of ESU Facilities. The hot dog feed on April 29, sponsored by Country Mart North, Emporia’s Hostess Brands, Sodexo and ESU Foundation, raised $368 for a total of $6264.
Organizers for this year’s fundraiser were Judy Conway, administrative specialist in Business Affairs; Karen Weatherholt, administrative specialist in the Mail Center; Jackie Lutz, administrative specialist in Career Services; Mike Mercer, custodial specialist in Building Services; Karla Ingold, accountant I in University Facilities; Sharlene Anderson, administrative specialist in University Facilities; and Chris Parks, senior administrative specialist in University Facilities.
- Arts (Entertainment) 
- Athletics (Sports) 
- Books (Entertainment) 
- Business 
- College Basketball (Sports) 
- College Football (sports) 
- College Sports (Sports) 
- Computing (Technology) 
- Economy (Business) 
- Education 
- Environment (Science) 
- Health 
- Internet (Technology) 
- Science 
- Technology 
Check out our students' achievements and accomplishments on Emporia State's meritpages.com site