Students selected for honor choirJune 1, 2011
Middle school students from across the state of Kansas will perform in the honor choir for the National Teachers Hall of Fame induction ceremonies on June 17 in Emporia.
The students from schools in Baldwin City, Chanute, Emporia, Hamilton, Overland Park, Lenexa, Larned, Louisburg, Alma, Ottawa, Olathe and Pretty Prairie will travel to the Emporia State University campus with their teachers for group practices before the performance at the induction ceremony, which caps two days of celebration.
The NTHF was established on the Emporia State University campus in 1989. Beginning in 1992, five teachers have been selected each year for induction into the hall. This year’s 20th-anniversary class of teachers are:
- Walter Patrick Earle who teaches high school agriculture at McBee High School in McBee, S.C.;
- Debra Howell who teaches fourth through sixth grade at Monte Cristo Elementary School in Granite Falls, Wash.;
- Paul Miller, high school algebra and calculus teacher at Israel Henry Beren High School in Baltimore, Md.;
- James Percoco who teaches 11th- and 12th-grade history at West Springfield High School in Springfield, Va.; and
- Mark Weaver, seventh-grade science teacher at Clay Middle School in Carmel, Ind.
During the June 17 induction ceremonies, these students will perform with the honor choir:
- Baldwin Junior High School directed by Beth Nelson: Nick Patrick, Amy Pouliot, Josh Swarb, Sierra Wilson.
- Emporia Middle School directed by Kelly Barrett: Tanner Black, Paolo Genesia, Kylee Giffin, Spencer Glenn, Luis Labrada, Osmin Magana, Kyle Petersen, Joey Rodriguez, Alexis Simons, Armando Solorio, Emma Williams.
- Hamilton Junior High School directed by Pauleen Hancock: Emily Rayburn, Thomas Reilly.
- Harmony Middle School in Overland Park directed by David Davis: Sam Chapin, Nate Kochuyt, Abbie O’Grady, Maddie Pickett, Robyn Reynolds, Blake Rohrer, Calista Shell, Paul Whitener.
- Holy Trinity School in Lenexa directed by Elizabeth Mulkey: Elizabeth Arroyo, Nick Dykmann, Christy Hayford, Tristan Pflumm, Joe Roszel, Caroline Strader, Taylor Sweeney, Ian Breidenbach, Joseph Sizemore, Maria Arroyo.
- Larned Middle School directed by Diana Webster: Austin Carrington, Braeden Corman, Nick Gunter, Alexis Langdon, Kate Schroeder, Ashleigh Slattery.
- Louisburg Middle School directed by Jason Sickel: Ben Brummel, Parker Cates, Lauren DePriest, John Hastings, Madison Holloway, Alicia Leitch, Matthew Risenhoover, Megan Roy, Cate Stambaugh, Emily Ventre, Jarod Woodward.
- Mill Creek Middle School in Lenexa directed by Mindy Fry: Tori Aerni, Brad Guthrie, Sadie Noyes, Maddie Palmer, Madison Remijio, Karissa Schmidt, Siera Thompson, Allen Weinert.
- Mill Creek Valley Middle School in Alma directed by Richard Philbrook: Cheyenne Carlson, Joe Hund, Magdaline McCall, Brendon Milray, Madeline Muller, Rochelle Stokley.
- Ottawa Middle School directed by Bonnie Wilhoit: Braden Bell, Jordan Griffey, Brooke Heppler, Allie Sanford, Brady Stoy.
- Oxford Middle School in Overland Park directed by Pam Kelly: Kylie Felix, Josh Garcia, MacKenzie Gregory, Jack Lalik, Dana Licari, Jordan Shook-Rothenberg, Megan Taggart, John Tran.
- Pioneer Trail Middle School in Olathe directed by Elise Peterson: Scott Johns, Tristan Jordan, Rikki Li, Lauren Taylor.
- Pretty Prairie Middle School directed by Anjeannette Ramirez: Jordan Albright, Kyle Flickinger, Trae Gehring, Bailey Graber, Sara Schlickau, Amber Tarman.
- Royster Middle School in Chanute directed by Lance Burnett: Andrew Andoyo, Luke Donaldson, Dakota Gough, Bailey Herzberg, Talia Ramsey, Cheyenne Thomas, Rachel Ungles.
To see a complete schedule of induction celebration activities, go online to www.emporia.edu/nthf.
The banquet and induction ceremonies on Friday, June 17 are open to the public. For more information or to make reservations, call (620) 341-5660.