Students earn Dean’s Honor ScholarshipsApril 25, 2014
Eleven students working toward their bachelor’s degrees will receive College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean’s Honor Scholarships. The group will be honored next month during a reception.
The scholarships are awarded to students entering their final year of study.
“They must be highly recommended by a liberal arts and sciences faculty member and must have a positive influence on campus,” explained Dr. Marie Miller, dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
A $1,000 scholarship is given to one student in each of the 11 academic departments of the college with the department faculty making the final decisions.
The 11 students are:
- Stacy Curtis of Louisburg, junior in nursing;
- Sharon DePierro of Assaria, junior in information resource studies;
- Sarah Harrington of Newton, junior in music education;
- Arisvet Hernandez of Emporia, junior in communication;
- Christopher Krause of Colorado Springs, Colorado, senior in earth science;
- Matthew Parra of Emporia, junior in political science;
- Nicole Reutzel of Topeka, senior in mathematics;
- Lesbia Rojas-Rangel of Emporia, junior in sociology;
- Samuel Schmidgall of Topeka, senior in English;
- Susan Wecker of Emporia, senior in art; and
- Donald Wilcox of Lees Summit, Missouri, senior in biology.
The students and their parents will be guests at a reception at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 7, in Skyline Dining in the Memorial Union.