ESU students plan to volunteerApril 6, 2011
Emporia State University students plan to leave their mark on Emporia during The Big Service Event on Saturday, April 9, 2011.
Students will spend Saturday morning volunteering on various projects around town. Possible activities could include:
- Organizing donated clothing items at the Salvation Army Thrift Store;
- Sorting recyclables at the Emporia Recycling Center;
- Organizing art supplies donated to the Girl Scouts;
- Cleaning up the community garden site;
- Spray-painting storm drains;
- Repairing playground equipment; or
- Cleaning up parks.
Students will meet at the Towers complex at 9 a.m. Saturday for doughnuts and to get their assignments. They will return to campus about noon for a prize drawing.
The event is sponsored by Associated Student Government, Community Hornets and Greek Life. For more information, call 341-5481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of rain, The Big Service Event will be moved to 1 to 4 p.m. April 16
Check out our students' achievements and accomplishments on Emporia State's meritpages.com site