Finalists for dean position to have interviewsApril 3, 2014
Three finalists for the position of dean of Emporia State’s College of Liberal Arts & Sciences will begin campus interviews next week. Two of the finalists are current faculty members at Emporia State University.
The three finalists are:
- Dr. Edward L. Jarroll, professor in the Department of Biological Sciences at Lehman College, City University of New York;
- Dr. R. Brent Thomas, professor and chair in the Department of Biological Sciences at Emporia State University; and
- Dr. Gary Wyatt, professor of sociology and associate dean in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences at Emporia State University.
During their interviews, each of the candidates will meet with members of the search committee, Provost David Cordle, President Michael D. Shonrock and staff, students and department chairs in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Each also will participate in a one-hour open forum with faculty, staff and students. Those forums will be:
- Monday, April 7: Dr. Gary Wyatt, Blue Key Room of the Memorial Union, 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 8: Dr. R. Brent Thomas, KSN and Black & Gold Rooms of the Memorial Union, 3:30 p.m.; and
- Monday, April 14: Dr. Edward Jarroll, Blue Key Room of the Memorial Union, 3:30 p.m.
The new dean replaces Dr. Marie Miller, who plans to retire in June. Miller came to Emporia State University in 1990. She became interim dean in August 2011 and dean in December 2011.