Emporia State students qualify for national competitionMarch 26, 2012
Nine Emporia State students have qualified for the national Phi Beta Lambda competition this summer in San Antonio. The students qualified by competing at the state contest earlier this month.
The students and their rankings are:
- Blake Ballinger of Olathe, business education major — business presentation, second with teammate Becky Fraker; business law, second; management concepts, first; marketing concepts, second.
- Russell Cornelius of LaCygne, business administration major — financial services, first; small business plan, first.
- Jessica Dhority of Reading, business education major — sales presentation, second; business presentation, first; digital video, first with teammate Shannon Mangnall.
- Becky Fraker of Shawnee, business education major — business presentation, second with teammate Blake Ballinger.
- Shannon Mangnall of Marysville, business education major — future business teacher, third; digital video, first with teammate Jessica Dhority.
- Kelly Oltman of El Dorado, business education major — business ethics, first with teammate Mallory West.
- Mallory West of Lawrence, business education major — business ethics, first with teammate Kelly Oltman; future business teacher, second; business law, first.
- Jacob Winkler of Marysville, information systems major — computer applications, third.
In addition, the entire Emporia State chapter placed first in free enterprise project and second in parly pro demonstration.