Don't Miss This Online Conference Opportunity!January 29, 2013
Don't Miss This Online Conference Opportunity!
The Office of Information Technology, with support from the Office of the Provost, is pleased to host online conference sessions streamed live from the annual EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) Annual Conference. The conference is held, both physically and virtually, beginning at 12:30 Monday, February 4, 2013. Online sessions will be available for viewing in Visser Hall 111.
View session highlights at http://www.emporia.edu/it/docs/ELIHighlights
View full streamed sessions list at http://www.emporia.edu/it/eli2013.html
In order to recognize your commitment of time and energy in attending these sessions, we are offering some nice incentives. First, a prize drawing will be held at the end of the conference for three prizes. You may enter into the drawing EACH TIME you attend a full session. Also, we’re pleased to be able to provide lunch for those who plan to stay a full half day (either morning or afternoon) on Tuesday; snacks and drinks will be available each day.
IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN US FOR LUNCH, PLEASE RESPOND VIA E-MAIL to Sandy Valenti (email@example.com) so we can provide numbers to catering.
(1) 7” HD Kindle Fire loaded with the following titles:
- College student retention: Formula for student success (American Council on Education series on higher education). A. Seidman (Ed.), 2nd edition.
- The Go-Getter by Peter B. Kyne
- The Innovative University: Changing the DNA of Higher Education from the Inside Out. Clayton M. Christensen and Henry J. Eyring
- The Online Teaching Survival Guide: Simple and Practical Pedagogical Tips. Judith Boettcher
- Effective Online Teaching: Foundations and Strategies for Student Success. Tina Stavredes
(1) $100 Amazon Gift Certificate
(1) $50 Gift Certificate