1. Improve the student's attitude toward teaching science.
2. Improve the student's teaching efficacy by increasing her/his knowledge
of general chemistry, earth science, and physics concepts.
3. Improve the student's science laboratory skills.
4. Improve the student's quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills
by providing opportunities for the student to formulate or generalize basic
physical science concepts from data which the student has generated.
5. Improve the student's understanding through application of science
concepts to everyday phenomena.
6. Improve the student's ability to conduct scientific inquiry and communicate
the results to others.
Instructors representing different disciplines teach Our Physical World.
Each instructor has developed a version of the course consistent with the
general course purposes, goals and description. For details of different
course versions click on the names below.
The classes meet for six hours each week. Mondays and Wednesdays the
classes meet for one hour. Tuesdays and Thursdays classes meet for a two-hour
period. Classes meet in the Science and Mathematics Education Center, Rm
177 Science Hall.