The McNamara Family Creative Arts Project Grant is designed to provide financial resources to outstanding Latino undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a creative arts related field: media, film, performing arts, communications, writing, etc. This grant is only intended to assist students in beginning and completing an art project. Students may be potentially eligible for grants up to $15,000.
- Be of Hispanic Heritage
- Be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident or eligible non-U.S. Citizen
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full-time at a U.S. accredited institution in the U.S.
- Be majoring in the Arts including but not limited to: media, film, performing arts, communications or creative writing
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the (FAFSA)
Application opens January 2013
The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Scholarship opportunities are afforded toLatino students in the United States who have a history of performing public-oriented activities in their communities and who demonstrate a desire to continue their civic engagement in the future. There is no GPA or academic major requirement. Students with excellent leadership potential are encouraged to apply.
Due date: April 16th , 2013
- Full-time enrollment in a United States Department of Education accredited community college, four-year university, or agraduate/professional program during the period for which scholarship is requested.
- Demonstrated financial need
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or coummunity service activities
- Strong writing skills
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or indiciduals, who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
Lehman Scholarhsips are awrded to students of outstanding character who are entering college for the first time or who are beginning their sophomore years in college and who will be attending an accredited four-year college or university as a full-time undergraduate student.
Application opens online: November 1st, 2012
Due Date: March 31st, 2013
Amount: typically $2,000
- Application Essay
- Letter of recommendation
- There are no GPA or test score requirments. The candidate will be judged holistically and the application review process will take into account GPA, test scores, letters of recommendation, volunteer activites, and personal essays, but no single component of an appilcation will determine the award.