Visitor analytics to the emporia.edu domain are handled by Google Analytics. Other departments can request access to their analytics using the following process:
- Create a account by visiting: https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin.
- For your username please use your emporia email address as the choice of username. For example of your emporia email address is email@example.com, that would be the choice of username you would select.
- Activate the account by clicking on the link for activation sent by Google to your emporia.edu email address.
- Inform the University Webmaster via email at firstname.lastname@example.org that you have created the account. Within that email also please specify your departmental root folder you require the analytics access to.
- The University Webmaster enables the access and e-mail the requesting person the link to use to log on to view the analytics
- Requests for students to have access to the analytics would need to come from a full-time faculty or staff. Please do not forget to request to discontinue the access as it would be the original requestors responsibility to ensure that proper personnel have access to the analytics.
- Google limits the number of profiles (web-folders) we can create to give individuals access to. Hence we have grouped the profiles as expansive as possible. Hence if you are requesting the analytics information to just Sociology and Anthropology, you will have access to everything that falls under the Liberal Arts & Sciences umbrella.