Study Room Policy
- The study rooms on the first and fourth floors of William Allen White Library are available for students, faculty, staff, and alumni of ESU.
- White Library study rooms 109 D and 409 D may be reserved for academically oriented and related activities, pursuant to applicable missions, ESU policies, and law. A reservation form for these rooms is located at the Circulation Desk. Reservations may also be made by calling the Access Services Department at (620) 341-5206. Reservations may be scheduled for one time events only, unless approved by the Head of Access Services.
- Only two or more people may reserve a study room.
- A group may only make one reservation of the room per day for a maximum time period of three hours.
- Reservations must be made one day in advance.
- A group that is more than fifteen minutes late to their reserved time in room 109 D or 409 D will automatically forfeit their reservation.
- Rooms 109 B, 109 C, 109 E, 109 F, and 109 G will be available on a first come first serve basis. In the event that a group of two or more people need to use a study room, a single individual must vacate that room for their use.
- Behavior in the study rooms should be consistent with the Library Use Policy.
- No signs, tape, glue, tacks, or nails are permitted on the walls.
- Users of the study rooms are expected to observe the Food and Drink Policy and to "leave no trace."
- The library is not responsible for any items left in the study room.
- All groups using University space are expected to adhere to the laws of the state of Kansas, all local and federal laws, and general policies, regulations, and guidelines of the University Libraries and Archives and Emporia State University. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in forfeit of the privilege of utilizing University facilities.
Approved September 2, 2009 by University Libraries and Archives