This policy will be effective as of June 1, 2009.
Welcome to William Allen White Library!
We support the academic, research, and service programs of Emporia State University, and we want to ensure a comfortable, pleasant environment conducive to your learning. Specified food and drink items are therefore allowed in White Library under the following guidelines. We hope that these guidelines will aid your positive learning experience.
Food and drink pose a potential risk to library collections, equipment, and furnishings. We ask that you act responsibly when consuming food and drink in White Library and practice a “Leave No Trace” policy:
• Plan ahead and prepare. Be aware of the White Library food and drink policy
• Dispose of waste properly, using the trash and recycling containers provided throughout the library
• Leave library collections, equipment, and furnishings as you found them, or in better condition
• Respect and be considerate of other library patrons
• If there is a spill of food or drink, please contact White Library personnel immediately so that the spill can be cleaned up as quickly as possible.
Beverages and food items that can be consumed by an individual are allowed in most areas at study tables, booths, chairs, and couches. Beverages need to be in covered containers.
Beverages in covered containers – no food -- are allowed:
• In the Library Electronic Classroom, 2 nd floor
• Near public access computers and media equipment, 2 nd floor
• Near laptop computers owned by White Library
• On the 4 th floor of White Library
Any food items that are greasy, messy and/or have an odor need to be consumed in the White Library lobby.
The consumption of food and drink items in White Library is not allowed in the following designated areas:
The delivery of food to White Library for patrons is not permitted. (Food delivery authorized by White Library personnel for sponsored events and activities is not subject to this policy.)
Approved April 15, 2009 by University Libraries and Archives