Toll Free 1-877-378-5433
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please tell us what the the problem is. We will promptly try to fix it.
This page describes a few common problems and tells how to report them to us via e-mail.
Is the problem blurry or jumpy video or video that is not displaying at all? This can happen when—
- Your Internet connection is slow
- Internet traffic is heavy
- Not enough memory is available to your computer (closing other open programs or rebooting the computer can help)
- Your media player software needs updating.
Other things you may need to do include:
- Making sure your browser is enabled to view video clips
- Clear your browser's history
- Try an alternative browser
While those causes are beyond our control, we will try to resolve other issues. Please tell us:
- Which video is giving you problems (please include the full page address, for example, www.emporia.edu/jones/kmeacademy/burmese.html).
- What the problem seems to be--the more details you supply, the better.
- What error messages, if any, are appearing on your computer screen.
- Which media player and version you are using, for example, Windows Media Player 9.
Please send your report to Terri Weast.