Welcome to Learning Technologies at Emporia State University. We are tasked with supporting educational technologies for faculty, staff, and students. Some of our services include: classroom support, video services, course design, research, 3D printing, class presentations, workshops, and training opportunities. Plus more! To get started, choose a service below:
Learning technologies has several research projects that we have completed and are currently working on. We make decisions based on data and have a strong research foundation when choosing the best technologies and strategies. Here are just a few projects that our team has or currently working on:
2016-2017 Faculty/Student Technology Survey
In November, 2016 a technology survey was conducted to the student body population. The survey instrument was mirrored from another survey conducted by Educause, an organization that helps those who lead, manage, and use information technology to shape strategic IT decisions at every level within higher education. Likewise, a similar study was conducted in November of 2016 that asked questions to ESU faculty. The following reports were created by Anna J. Catterson, Ph.D., Educational Technology Coordinator:
- Narrative Report; Overall Key Findings
- Narrative Report; School of Education
- Faculty 2016-2017 Infographic; Trends
- Student 2016-2017 Infographic; Trends
Classroom Design through Pedagogy
In October 2015, several new classrooms on campus were designed with active engagement in mind. New furnishings, including collaborative seating and new Promethean panels, completed the rooms design. Brochures were made and distributed showcasing the design and why the furniture was selected.
- After researching lightboard technology through Duke University, plans to build ESU's first lightboard was created and implemented in the Fall 2015 semester. Since it's development, the lightboard has been a classroom tool for many faculty and continues to be researched for future designs and implementation. To showcase the lightboard, a video was created an entered into a video contest through Educause. The video was selected as a finalist in the competition.
7 Things You Should Know About...
We have developed a series of "7 Things You Should Know About..." articles that focuses on key indicators of success on various topics. Please download and review the following:
- 3-D Printing
- Promethean Boards
- Online Readiness Course
- Apple Education Training
- Course Accessibility
- Digital Badges
Other research projects are ongoing and include: Digital Badging, Makerspaces, Raspberry PI computing, Interactive Games, 3D Printing, Conferencing software and more. If you have a unique project that you would like us to help you research, please contact Dr. Rob Gibson at email@example.com.
We would love to hear from you and appreciate the opportunity to partner!