The Learning Technologies divison of Information Technology is tasked with supporting educational technology for faculty, students, and staff at the Emporia State. Our services include:
- Instructional design. We can help you move your courses from face-to-face to an online format and can offer helpful information as you supplement your face-to-face classes with online content that is available to your students 24x7.
- Classroom technology integration.
- Web conferencing support using Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro. The Connect Pro meeting room offers a synchronous, distance classroom environment.
- Blackboard and Canvas support. Our campus is currently in the process of making the transition from Blackboard to Canvas as Emporia State's licensed learning management system. Whether you have questions regarding use of Blackboard or are trying to get up to speed with Canvas, we're ready to help. Course documentation, discussions, assessments, and other classroom content are just some of the topics we can address with you.
- Lecture capture support. Whether you plan to capture an entire class period or just want to upload a presentation, Panopto lecture capture is a great tool to use.
- Support for using mobile technologies in conjunction with your virtual or face-to-face courses. iPad training and support is just a call or click away.
- Classroom Performance System or i<Clicker student response pads are provided by e-Instruction and i<Clicker, respectively. Contact Mark Summey to get started using a student response system in your classroom.
- Training facilities. Our Interactive Learning Space, located in VH111, can now accommodate up to 35 attendees comfortably and can connect to multiple sites; our technology training classroom in VH110 seats 18, and the Visser Hall Learning Technologies lab area has seating for six to ten participants.
- Interactive classroom support is available via Polycom. Please contact George Head for more information regarding this teaching/connection option.
- Videography and other video services support is available for a wide range of event types.