The Learning Technologies divison of Information Technology is tasked with supporting educational technology for faculty, students, and staff at the Emporia State. Our services include:
- Instructional design. We can help you move your courses from face-to-face to an online format and can offer helpful information as you supplement your face-to-face classes with online content that is available to your students 24x7.
- Classroom technology integration.
- Web conferencing support using Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro. The Connect Pro meeting room offers a synchronous, distance classroom environment.
- Canvas support. We're ready to help! Course documentation, discussions, assessments, and other classroom content are just some of the topics we can address with you.
- Lecture capture support. Whether you plan to capture an entire class period or just want to upload a presentation, Panopto lecture capture is a great tool to use.
- Support for using mobile technologies in conjunction with your virtual or face-to-face courses. iPad training and support is just a call or click away.
- Classroom Performance System or i<Clicker student response pads are provided by e-Instruction and i<Clicker, respectively. Contact Mark Summey to get started using a student response system in your classroom.
- Training facilities. Our Interactive Learning Space, located in VH111, can now accommodate up to 35 attendees comfortably and can connect to multiple sites; our technology training classroom in VH110 seats 18, and the Visser Hall Learning Technologies lab area has seating for six to ten participants.
- Interactive classroom support is available via Polycom. Please contact George Head for more information regarding this teaching/connection option.
- Videography and other video services support is available for a wide range of event types.