U Innovate continues! Watch this space for information regarding upcoming learning sessions, our 2013 Horizon Report discussion, and Google Days!
The Learning Technologies divison of Information Technology is tasked with supporting educational technology for faculty, students, and staff at the Emporia State. Our services include:
- Instructional design. We can help you move your courses from face-to-face to an online format and can offer helpful information as you supplement your face-to-face classes with Blackboard.
- Web conferencing support using Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro. The Connect Pro meeting room offers a synchronous, distance classroom environment.
- Blackboard support. Blackboard combines your course documentation, discussions, assessments, and other classroom content into one easy-to-navigate location.
- Lecture capture support. Whether you plan to capture an entire class period or just want to upload a presentation, Panopto lecture capture is a great tool to use.
- Support for using mobile technologies in conjunction with your virtual or face-to-face courses. iPad training and support is just a call or click away.
- Classroom Performance System or i<Clicker student response pads are provided by e-Instruction and i<Clicker, respectively. Contact Mark Summey to get started using a student response system in your classroom.
- Training facilities. Our newly remodeled Interactive Learning Space, located in VH111, can now accommodate up to 35 attendees comfortably and can connect to multiple sites; our technology training classroom seats 18, and the Visser Hall lab area has seating for six to ten participants.
- Videography and other video services support is available for a wide range of event types.