MS Instructional Design & Technology
The on campus and online Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology program prepares individuals for leadership in the systematic design, development, implementation, evaluation, and management of technology-rich learning in a variety of settings. Individuals obtaining the IDT degree serve as instructional designers/trainers in business, industry, health professions, and the military and are charged with training, development, and eLearning programs within their organizations. Other graduates hold leadership positions in P-12 and post-secondary institutions. In addition to positions in the workplace, graduates regularly choose to pursue their Ph.D. degrees in IDT at top-ranked universities.Request More Information
What can you do with a degree in Instructional Design & Technology?
- Instructional Designer/Developer
- eLearning Specialist
- Instructional Technologist
- Multi-media developer
- Training and Development Specialist
- Project Manager
- Instructional Technology Coordinator
Requirements and Courses
- ESU Graduate Application ($40 US; $75 international) Application form, Transcripts
- GPA of 2.75 or more based on a 4-point scale in undergraduate study
- Two current recommendations
- Access to the Internet and possess a multimedia capable computer
- Writing Competency (no fee); 500 to 700 word formal paper describing experiences and career goals involving instructional design and technology and interest in completing a graduate degree.
- 36 credit hour program
- Comprehensive capstone master's project
- Assist faculty with the instruction of courses conducted in The Teachers College PC and Macintosh computer labs.
- Assist faculty with the design, development, and instruction of media-rich, face-to-face and online courses.
- Minimum stipend approximately $7200 for fall/spring semesters
- Must work 20 hrs. per week
- Full tuition waiver each semester (must pay fees)
- Subsidized graduate assistant health insurance available
- Must apply at http://www.emporia.edu/grad/graduateassistants/graduate-assistant-application.html