Student Employment Guidelines and Procedures
Job opportunities for on-campus employment:
ESU offers a variety of opportunities for temporary, part-time on-campus student jobs. Student employees are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours during the summer.
To obtain and/or continue employment in an on-campus position, students must meet the satisfactory academic progress guidelines.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours per semester for regular employment during the Academic Year.
- For summer employment, undergraduates and graduate students must be enrolled in at least one hour during the summer or pre enrolled for the fall semester.
- Students must meet the enrollment requirements to hold a student position and to be exempt from OASDI (FICA).
- Review the current listing of open positions for student employment.
- To find out more about a position, click on the job title in the listing. If you find a position in which you have interest, you are urged to contact the contact person listed to verify that the position is still available. Most positions listed are available.
- If you are offered a position, you will be required to complete several required employment documents, including W-4 form; K-4 form, Form I-9 and provide two forms of ID, Substance Abuse Policy Acknowledgement form, State of Kansas Employee Oath.
International Students: When you accept on-campus employment, you will need to contact the Office of International Education in Morse Hall (620-341-5374), to obtain an on-campus work permit. This work permit is required for each semester and should be given to your hiring department.
All positions are updated daily. Please don't assume positions are not available just because they are moved to the bottom of the list or because it has been advertised for a long period of time.
Off-Campus Student Jobs
Emporia & Lyon County area employers post job openings for positions available off-campus. Each employer determines their procedures for accepting applications and conducting interviews at their worksite. If you find an off-campus position in which you have interest, you are urged to contact the individual listed as the contact person, verify that the position is still available, and inquire about their procedures.
For off-campus student jobs please visit ESU Career Services at this link.
For information about Graduate Assistantships, please visit the ESU Graduate School at this link.
An AA/EOE institution, Emporia State University encourages minorities and women to apply.