Outcomes for students who complete the University Honors Program at Emporia State University.
The students who complete the University Honors Program will be able to:
- Apply learning to contemporary problems in novel and creative ways.
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment and make connections among different disciplines.
- Recognize and exhibit the development of their intellectual, social, and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, analyze, evaluate, and use information.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethical behavior that recognizes an individual's responsibility to society.
- Demonstrate a growth in awareness of one's own identity and culture and the effects of diversity on one's own society.
In keeping with the mission statement of the University Honors Program, the University Honors Council believes that the courses, activities, and events of the program will serve to foster specifically these six outcomes. These outcomes further elaborate the goals of Emporia State University's General Education Program and those of departmental majors.
Approved: 1 April 2005