Presidential Graduate Scholarship
Deadline: Friday, March 4, 2016 (Awarded for Fall 2016/Spring 2017)
Two Presidential Graduate Scholarships of $5,000 per year ($2,500 per semester) will be awarded. The scholarship is automatically renewable for the 2nd year, provided the recipient maintains a 3.5 GPA at the end of his/her first year of graduate school.
Through the generosity of the President of ESU, two Presidential Graduate Scholarships will be awarded to first time graduate students who demonstrate exceptional promise as a graduate student (master’s or doctorate), who meet the following requirements:
- Be a new, first-time master’s or doctoral student
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 graduate credit hours
- Have an undergraduate degree from ESU.
- Have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Demonstrate evidence of leadership experiences and activities which indicate promotion of the common good.
A two-page description of the leadership experiences AND activities that reflect promotion of the common good must be attached to the this application. These activities could include service projects, community projects, creative collaboration, public service, etc. Please indicate the way in which this background will help guide your graduate studies. Two letters of reference written specifically for this scholarship must also be submitted.