Reporting Service Hours
We have instituted a new process for reporting your required ASG service hours. Recognized Student Organizations will no longer complete a form on the Community Hornets website. Instead, organizational members will record their service hours in #HornetLife. Below is more information regarding this new reporting process.
Submitting Service Hours
With this new process, the responsibility for recording service hours lies with each member of the organization. Rather than one member submitting a single form on behalf of the entire organization for each service project completed, each member must record his or her own service hours completed throughout the year. Service hours should be reported as follows.
- Log in to #HornetLife.
- Click on the My Involvement drop-down menu title in the gold menu bar at the top of the page, just below the words Emporia State University.
- Click on Service Hours in the grey drop-down menu.
- Click on the + Add Service Hours button.
- From the Organization drop-down menu, select the organization for which you want to submit your service hours. Any organizations you belong to should be listed in this drop-down menu.
- Include the date the service was performed (not the date you are submitting the form), a description of the service performed, the number of hours and/or minutes served, and the name of a contact person for the organization you served (Verification Contact).
- Click on the Create button.
- Your hours have now been submitted, but must be approved by your RSO President or another officer with administrative rights to your organization's #HornetLife page.
Approving Service Hours (For Presidents/Officers)
Presidents (or any officers who have the appropriate administrative access to your organization's page) must approve service hours submitted by your members. Community Hornets no longer approves service hours; that responsibility lies with the organization's leadership. Until the hours have been approved by the President or an officer, they will not count toward your organization's total hours. To approve service hours, follow the steps below.
- Log in to #HornetLife and visit your organization's page.
- Click on the Service Hours link in the left vertical menu bar, then click the Manage Service Hours link just below it.
- In the middle of the page, you will see three tabs, Pending, Approved, and Denied. Click on the Pending tab to view submissions that need approval.
- Review each submission. If you are confident the submission is accurate, click on the Approve link on the right side of the page next to the submission. Once you click Approve, the submission is finalized and will count toward your organization's service hours.
At any point, you may return to the Manage Service Hours page to view the total number of Pending, Approved, and/or Denied service hours for your organization. These totals are listed at the top of the page in the Service Hours Summary section. Be sure to select the appropriate time period for which you want to see service hour totals. You can set the time period on the upper right side of the page. The default setting is to show you only the past week's totals. You may select also month, three months, or a custom date range.
Re-Registering Your Organization
Once per year, in the spring semester, Associated Student Government requires each RSO to re-register through #HornetLife. The purpose of re-registering is to ensure to best degree possible that RSO #HornetLife pages are up-to-date and have accurate officers listed. Since #HornetLife is our official method of communication with RSOs, it is important to have an accurate officer roster so that the appropriate RSO leaders receive important information from the Center for Student Involvement and Associated Student Government.
RSOs leaders will be notified when the re-registration period has opened and of the re-registration deadline. Any current member who is an officer or member of the RSO #HornetLife page may submit the re-registration. To re-register, follow the steps below.
- Log in to #HornetLife.
- Click the My Shortcuts drop-down menu located in the gold bar at the top of the page.
- Select the RSO you want to re-register.
- Once you are on the RSO page, click the Register button below the RSO name.
- Step 1 is to review and update your profile information. Update any necessary profile information, then click Next at the bottom of the page. If all profile information is already up-to-date, simply click Next.
- Step 2 is the most important step: ensuring that your officer information is up-to-date. If all of your officers are current, simply click Next. If any of your officers or advisor are outdated, start by reviewing the table of officers listed toward the bottom of the page. If any individuals listed are not the current officers, select the checkbox next to their names, and click the Remove button at the top of the table. Once you have removed any old officers, add your new officers in the fields provided toward the top of the page. From the Position drop-down menu, select the officer position you want to add. Then list the Email, First Name, and Last Name of the officer. Be sure to list the officer’s ESU email address. Click Add. Repeat this process to add each of your additional officers. You must add at least a President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Advisor. Once all old officers have been removed and new officers have been added, click Next.
- Click Submit for Approval. Your re-registration submission will be routed to the Center for Student Involvement for approval.