AVID Summer Leadership Experience
July 6-7, 2015
The AVID Summer Leadership Experience provides AVID students with the opportunity to work with college faculty and students, participate in college classroom activities, stay overnight in campus residence halls, and learn strategies for college success! To participate in the the summer 2015 program, complete the registration steps listed below.
Registration & Payment Checklist
- Complete the registration form below. For each student who will be attending the program, complete the Student Participant Registration Form by June 8. Advisors/sponsors who will be accompanying students must complete the Advisor Registration, which is linked below.
- Download, complete, and submit the Medical Consent Form by June 8. This form requires a parent/guardian signature. You may either mail the form to Jason Brooks at the address below or email the form to Jason Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit payment of $25 per student. The cost of participation is $25 per student; there is no cost for advisors/sponsors to attend. You may pay by check or make an online payment.
- If paying by check, make check payable to Emporia State University.
- If paying online, click here to access the online payment site.
Checks and/or Medical Consent Forms can be mailed to:
Office of Diversity & Inclusion
1 Kellogg Circle
Campus Box 4065
Emporia, KS 66801
Yahya Bakkar is a motivational speaker, success coach, and health educator who has spoken at Harvard University, Georgia Institute of Technology, TedX, and various nationally recognized conferences and organizations. He’s the author of Beyond Motivation and The Ultimate Guide to Teen Life, and has trained with the top experts in psychology, physiology and health. Born in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, he first traveled alone to the United States at the age of five. Like many people, Yahya faced a few challenges growing up. Yahya struggled to find his own identity because he never got along with his father and never met his birth mother. Despite his circumstances, Yahya did his best to put the missing pieces of his life back together by seeking professional help and finding his birth mother in Thailand after being separated for over two decades. Yahya’s inspirational story gives people hope and reminds them to never give up on their dreams. He now lives in New Jersey and is married to his high school sweetheart.
Student Participant Registration Form
Sorry, registration has closed for this event.