Graduate Admission Procedures
M.S. in Physical Sciences
Earth Science Concentration
Application for admission to the earth science concentration, M.S. in Physical Sciences degree.
- Submit an application for admission; see https://www.emporia.edu/grad/appinstr.htm for an electronic or paper application form.
- Provide official transcripts from each undergraduate institution attended. Transcripts must be sent to: Office of Graduate School and Distance Education, Campus Box 4003, Emporia State University, Emporia, Kansas 66801.
- Provide a statement of relevant background, fields of interest in Earth Science, and career goals. This should be sent to: Graduate Advisor, Earth Science Department, Campus Box 4030, Emporia State University, Emporia, KS 66801.
- The priority date to submit applications for the upcoming academic year is March 1. Later applications may be considered.
- A faculty committee will review applications and select candidates for admission. Each candidate will be matched with a prospective faculty advisor.
- Students admitted into the degree program will be expected to maintain continuous enrollment during the academic year (Fall and Spring semesters). Students may petition for a leave of absence for special circumstances, e.g., military service, medical conditions, family emergencies, or other extraordinary situations.
- In some cases these procedures and their schedule may be modified for students with special circumstances.
Approved March 2011.
For more information, contact: James S. Aber,
Return to graduate program.
Last update April 2011.