EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY
SMARTHINKING ONLINE TUTORING
Emporia State University is pleased to provide you with up to 5 hours of online tutoring per term, provided by SMARTHINKING. You’ll have access to one-on-one tutoring up to 24 hours a day from ANY internet connection. SMARTHINKING provides real people to work with you in a wide range of subjects. You can also submit your writing from ANY course to SMARTHINKING’s Online Writing Lab for a tutor to review. The tutor will provide you with detailed, personalized feedback with your essay, typically within 24 hours.
To connect with a tutor, follow these steps:
- Login to your course in Blackboard.
- Click the Tools link in the pane on the left.
- Locate and click the Smarthinking Login icon to connect with a tutor!
- If Smarthinking program asks to reload, hold down the Control key and hit the reload button (pop-up blocker is blocking Smarthinking).
- Smarthinking Handbook is the starting point for all your tutoring interactions.
- Writing Practice provides critical pedagogical feedback using a rubric that focuses on six aspects of writing (ideas, organization, conventions, sentence fluency, word choice, and voice).