Your ESU Student Email Account
Emporia State University students enrolled in Distance Education distance courses are REQUIRED to maintain an email account through Emporia State University. Your new Gmail account has a vastly larger mailbox size, with no message expiration date. Gmail mailboxes will be 25GB, which provides 250 times more space for emails and attachments. Access to Google Docs, Calendar, Chat, and Drive for easy collaboration with peers and faculty. More effective intergration with mobile devices. Many apps are available to link mobile device to Google's Gmail at no cost.
How to Access Your Account
Your username will be the first letter of your first name and the first 7 letters of your last name.* New default passwords are set to Esu
*If two or more individuals have the same first initial and last name, a number will be added to end of the account – for instance, George Washington’s account may be gwashing, gwashin1, or gwashin2, etc depending upon how many students' names start with G. Washin.
Don't know your Student ID or E-Number?
To look-up your Student ID (E-Number), [click here]. You will need your username and SSN. If you did not provide a SSN at time of application, contact the Help Desk at 1-877-332-4249 to learn your ID.
NOTE: You will use the same username & password to access Stumail, Buzz In, the iDrive, and lab/library computer logins. You will be required to change this password periodically.
How to Change Your Password
We suggest that you change your password once you have accessed your email account. While logged into Buzz In, select Manage Password underneath Quick Links on the main page. You can also change it while your within your gmail account, 4 easy steps below.
1. Click on name or profile picture in Upper right corner.
2. Select "Account"
3. Select "Security"
4. Select "Change Password"
Benefits from Google for Students!
- Vastly larger mailbox sizes, with no message expiration date. Gmail mailboxes will be 25GB, which provides 250 times more space for emails and attachments.
- Access to Google Docs, Calendar, Chat, and Drive for easy collaboration with peers and faculty.
- More effective intergration with mobile devices. Many apps are available to link mobile device to Google's Gmail at no cost.
- Students can keep their g.emporia.edu email account for as long as you like after graduation. Groupwise account were limited to two years after the last enrolled semester.