Green Wyrick Creative Writing Quivira Scholarships
Students who demonstrate talent in creative writing may apply for the scholarships by submitting manuscripts of fiction and/or poetry. The creative writing faculty will select the winning works by blind submission.
Guidelines for submission:
1) Submit only one piece of previously written work for consideration in either or both genres.
2) Manuscript should be titled but prepared for blind submission by removing the author's name from the text.
3) Put your full name, local address, local phone, student I.D. number, and the title of your work on a separate piece of paper and place it in a sealed envelope which indicates clearly on the front of that envelope the title of your piece only.
4) Staple the sealed envelope to your piece of writing from which your name has been removed. If you are submitting for both genres, you will need to attach an envelope, as described in #3, to each piece of writing.
5) Submissions should be given to the secretary of the Division of English by scholarship deadline [T.B.A.] in the fall of each year. Late submissions and those which do not follow the above criteria will not be considered for the award.
6) Winners will be notified by mail and the scholarships awarded at the annual Holiday Tea [T.B.A.]
Copies of this information are available at the English, Modern Languages, and Journalism office in 404 Plumb Hall. The judges reserve the right not to award the scholarships.