AWP Intro Journals Project
The Creative Writing Program invites currently enrolled students in creative writing to submit 1-3 poems, 1 short story, and/or 1 non-fiction work for consideration for an award nomination by the Associated Writing Program. The work must not have been published elsewhere and must currently be under consideration for publication. Nominated works will receive final consideration for publication in participating journals. Both graduates and undergraduates are eligible for consideration. Work submitted for AWP consideration may also be simultaneously submitted for consideration for other ESU English department scholarship awards. Three poems, one short fiction, and one essay/creative nonfiction may be chosen to represent ESU eligible creative writers.
Visit https://www.awpwriter.org/contests/intro_journals_project_overview for more information
Guidelines for submission:
- Two title pages. On the first page, put the title of the piece, the author’s name, permanent address, phone number, social security number and university, department name and address.
- Second title page should contain the title only.
- Prose must be double-spaced. Poetry may be single-spaced. Dot matrix printing is not acceptable. All entries must be typed.
- The author’s name should not appear on the manuscript except on the first title page.
- Paperclip all pages together and place in a manila folder. Drop off submissions to AWP Nomination in Genre (i.e. poetry, short story, nonfiction), Creative Writing Program, Box 4019, Department of English, Emporia State University, Emporia, KS 66801.
Failure to follow the above guidelines will result in elimination from consideration. Those writers whose work receives nomination for further AWP consideration will be notified. Manuscripts submitted for consideration will not be returned. The judges reserve the right not to nominate any work for the award.