Why Major in IS?
Today's businesses run on Information Systems. Businesses require trained professionals capable of managing and integrating technology within and between organizations to facilitate better business decisions. Among others, the IS major trains you for exciting careers in:
- Systems analysis & design
- Database administration
- Network and computer systems administration
- Network systems and data communications analysis
- Software engineering
Did you Know?
- The average starting salary for the Class of 2011 IS major was $56,868; the highest of all business school majors (National Association of Colleges and Employers, Spring 2011 Salary Survey).
- The US Department of Labor projects 600,000+ openings in this area over 2008-2018 (DOL Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition).
- There were 55,500 jobs created in this area for the first six months of 2011 (Tech Salaries: Compensation On The Rise for CIOs, IT Workers; CIO Insight, 2011-07-29).
All that is great, but why join the ESU IS Club?
The IS club provides a valuable forum to network informally with company recruiters, past grads now working in industry, and faculty members. It is these networking opportunities that often provide you with openings for jobs even before you graduate. Past office bearers and active members of the ESU IS club are now working as IS professionals at places like Cerner Corporation, Hallmark, Spirit Aerosystems, Koch Industries, Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation ... .
Of course, we are not all about jobs, we do a whole lot more !!.