Welcome to the Department of Sociology, Anthropology,
and Crime and Delinquency Studies
Internship Opportunities for Sociology and Crime and Delinquency Studies Majors
The internship program is designed to provide Sociology and Crime and Delinquency Studies majors with the opportunity to gain practical knowledge and experience by working in a social service field of their interest. Internships helps interns connect real-world experience to the theories and concepts learned in the classroom. Internships are available during the Fall, Summer, and Spring. There are numerous local internship opportunities involving children and families, criminal justice, law, and others. Here is a list of potential agencies for applying for an internship.
Disclaimer: The Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Crime and Delinquency Studies does not guarantee that the agencies listed accept or have internship positions available.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Coffey, Osage, & Franklin Training Services, Inc.
- Corner House, Inc.
- Emporia Police Department
- Emporia Rescue Mission
- Emporia Senior Center
- ESU Alcohol & Drug Abuse Program
- ESU Police & Safety
- Flint Hills Care Center
- Hertlinger Developmental Services
- Holiday Resort
- KS Children's Service League
- KS Department of Corrections
- Lyon County Attorney's Office
- Lyon County Sheriff's Office
- Mental Health Center of East Central Kansas
- Plumb Place
- Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America
- Shiloh-Family Services of Emporia
- TFI Family Services
- United Way
To learn more about our internship programs, go to
Contact Person: Dr. Alfredo Montalvo firstname.lastname@example.org 341-5725