is a biannual journal published by the Center for Great Plains Studies and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at ESU. It strives to be a repository for scholarship of the life and culture of the Great Plains region, and the variety of topics with which its articles deal reflect the breadth of that culture.
The following articles will appear in the Summer 2014 issue:
"Pioneer Life on Glass" by H. Jason Combs and Kenneth Harders
"The Photography of Otto Kratzer" by Greg Hoots
The annual subscription rate is $7.00. If you would like to receive a complimentary copy, please submit the following form. If your browser does not support forms, please send your name and address to the Center for Great Plains Studies, CB 4040, Emporia State University, Emporia, KS 66801.
1. All manuscripts should be typed and double spaced. Electronic submissions should be formatted in Word.
2. Manuscripts should be accompanied by a short vita.
3. Manuscripts will be returned only on request.
4. Photographs and/or illustrations may be submitted, but Heritage and the Center for Great Plains Studies cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
5. A contributor will receive five (5) copies of the number in which the material appears.
6. Manuscripts and inquiries may be directed to:
Heritage of the Great Plains
Center for Great Plains Studies
Campus Box 4040
Emporia State University
1200 Commercial Street
Emporia, KS 66801
7. Electronic submissions and inquiries may be directed to:
To see a list of articles that have been published in Heritage since 1981, click here.