School Counselor Center
The School Counselor Center assists school counselors with various needs.
A major goal of the Center is to create a library of current materials to have readily available to school counselors for a small shipping and handling fee. Items may be checked out for four weeks or less.
The School Counselor Center:
- consults on any subject related to school counseling
- provides crises consulting on-site or by telephone
- organizes and conducts in-service conferences and workshops at Emporia State University
- assists school districts in developing a comprehensive counseling program
- supplies counselors with the most recent materials and media
- provides an annotated bibliography of resource materials available (for a nominal fee)
School Counselor Center Resource Catalog
This catalog has been developed for the purpose of providing an annotated bibliography of all resources available through the School Counselor Center at Emporia State University.
Resources listed may be checked out by:
- placing an order by phone at 620-341-5220 or by e-mailing email@example.com. When ordering, please state the Call Number of the item you wish to check out, your name and address; or
- coming to the center, which is located in Room 231 of The Earl Center, 1601 State Street, about two blocks west of ESU's main campus.
There is no charge if you pick up an item from the center. There is a $5 shipping and handling fee per item for phone and e-mail orders.
Based on responses of surveys and recommendations from an advisory group, the School Counselor Center provides a wide range of resources. Audio and video tapes, kits, printed materials and workshops are available, in various forms, on the topics listed on the left.
Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder
Counseling Skills / Theories / Therapy
Death and Dying
Degrassi Junior High
Depression and Suicide
Elementary / Junior High Counseling
Health / Wellness / Diseases
High School Counseling
Law / Legal / Ethics
Supplementary Texts to Teaching and Counseling