Major Field Test
The MFT is an online multiple-choice examination and is administered on specific dates outside of class. You can choose from several dates but must register in advance. A maximum of 34 students can take the MFT during any examination period. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Major Field Test in Business contains approximately 120 multiple-choice items designed to measure a student's subject knowledge and the ability to apply facts, concepts, theories and analytical methods. Some questions are grouped in sets and based on diagrams, charts and data tables. The questions represent a wide range of difficulty and cover depth and breadth in assessing students' achievement levels.
There are several incentives for doing well on the MFT
- $300 scholarship to the students who are among the five highest scores on the MFT and who also enroll in the ESU MBA or MS in Accounting and Information Systems program. Those who score in the top five on the MFT and who do not enroll in the ESU MBA or MS in Accounting and Information Systems program will receive $150 awards.
- We will place the name of the highest scorer on a permanent plaque to be placed in a prominent location in Cremer Hall.
- We will publicly announce and recognize the top ten scores
- We will provide a certificate to the five students who earn the highest scores
- You can list your test scores with your credentials
Review materials and videos are available on Blackboard (in the BU099 Course) for ESU students enrolled in MG473.