About the Program
The School of Business at Emporia State University is proud to offer its first degree program taught 100% via distance learning. Now you can stay at home and earn a graduate degree. The program is designed for students in Kansas and across the nation.
The Masters in Business Education program is designed to:
- Update the business knowledge and computer skills of business and computer teachers
- Allow you to be re-certified as a teacher
- Expand on the business knowledge acquired through undergraduate coursework
- Prepare teachers to be leaders in their departments
- Enhance your professional competency in instruction, curriculum development, and evaluation skills
- Prepare individuals to be trainers in business
- Prepare you to teach at the community college level.
- A three-year, part-time program for graduate students
- From 3-6 credit hours offered each fall, spring, and summer
- Up to 7 years to complete the degree
- All courses are taught over the Internet - 35 credits.
- Designed for teacher recertification / relicensure and for business trainers
Courses are taught by doctorally-qualified graduate faculty.
- Full Internet access
- E-mail capabilities
Instruction Delivery Methods
- World Wide Web--Used to deliver lesson assignments and lectures
- Email--Used to give and receive assignments
- Textbooks--To provide current information
- Journal article databases--for research
- Experiential assignments in businesses and schools
- GPA of 2.70 in the last 60 hours.
- 15 undergraduate credits in business.
The Masters in Business Education degree program is accredited by NCATE and the Higher Learning Commission.
Get More Information
Business Advising Center
Graduate and Career Services Coordinator
Campus Box 4039
Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle
Emporia, KS 66801-5087
E-mail: Business Advising Center