About the Program
The School of Business at Emporia State University is proud to offer its first degree program taught 100% via distance learning. Now you can stay at home and earn a graduate degree. The program is designed for students in Kansas and across the nation.
The Masters in Business Education program is designed to:
- Update the business knowledge and computer skills of business and computer teachers
- Allow you to be re-certified as a teacher
- Expand on the business knowledge acquired through undergraduate coursework
- Prepare teachers to be leaders in their departments
- Enhance your professional competency in instruction, curriculum development, and evaluation skills
- Prepare individuals to be trainers in business
- Prepare you to teach at the community college level.
- A three-year, part-time program for graduate students
- From 3-6 credit hours offered each fall, spring, and summer
- Up to 7 years to complete the degree
- All courses are taught over the Internet - 35 credits.
- Designed for teacher recertification / relicensure and for business trainers
Courses are taught by doctorally-qualified graduate faculty.
- Full Internet access
- E-mail capabilities
Instruction Delivery Methods
- World Wide Web--Used to deliver lesson assignments and lectures
- Email--Used to give and receive assignments
- Textbooks--To provide current information
- Journal article databases--for research
- Experiential assignments in businesses and schools
- GPA of 2.70 in the last 60 hours.
- 15 undergraduate credits in business.
The Masters in Business Education degree program is accredited by NCATE and the Higher Learning Commission.