Post-baccalaureate Business Teacher Licensure or a Second Bachelors Degree
Many students with Bachelor of Science in Business degrees decide to pursue a career in teaching. Those students can apply business coursework taken previously toward post baccalaureate Business Education teacher licensure.
Generally, post-baccalaureate teacher education students need a minimum of three semesters to complete the licensure requirements:
- One semester of business courses not taken previously and an adolescent or developmental psychology course
- One semester of Phase I education courses (11 credits) + 3-6 general education and/or business credits
- One semester for student teaching
- More time may be needed depending on the coursework taken previously.
- A second Bachelor's degree requires more general education coursework than post-baccalaureate licensure.