Core Values, Vision, Mission, and Goals
High Quality – we value intellectual challenges, acquisition of knowledge, problem solving, and creative and critical thinking.
Ethics – we value personal integrity, accountability to others, compliance with laws, and social responsibility.
Respect – we value collaboration, human diversity, trustworthiness, freedom of thought, and freedom of expression.
Commitment – we value engagement with the individual student, the School, the University, and the global community and environment we serve.
The School of Business will provide high-quality professional education to assist students in developing their full potential as global citizens. It will engage in research and service to support this vision.
The School of Business prepares a diverse student body for successful careers by offering high-quality professional business programs in a student-centered learning environment. As a teaching institution enriched by management practice-related and pedagogical scholarship and service, the School primarily serves undergraduate students while offering strategically-focused graduate programs.
- To develop and deliver high-quality undergraduate business programs built upon an academic foundation in arts and sciences and strategically-focused graduate business programs.
- To prepare students for successful professional careers through developing their knowledge and skills.
- To recruit, develop, and maintain faculty who pursue teaching excellence, scholarship, and service to the profession.
- To provide a culture of intellectual inquiry that promotes an awareness of global issues, ethics, and social responsibility.
- To promote effective engagement among individual students and the School, the University, and the global community.