Welcome to the Emporia State University School of Business!
On behalf of the faculty and staff of the School of Business, I want to thank you for your interest in our School and hope that you find these web pages to be useful and informative. Should you not find the information you are looking for, please let us know by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is my first year at Emporia State University. A primary driver to my coming to ESU was the value School of Business students receive not only as a student but also beyond your time in the School, which is distinctive. These distinctions include:
- Class sizes are small, with engaged and student-centered learning.
- The School of Business building, Cremer Hall, includes a Focus Lab for marketing research and is home to the Richel Lab, which is newly renovated and provides leading-edge technology.
- Career placement is and will be a priority. We don’t just prepare you for the classroom, we prepare you for a career in your field of choice. Oftentimes, this starts with our industry partners with internships with key employers throughout Kansas.
- The School of Business provides program offerings in a traditional, hybrid, and online setting and at our Overland Park location.
- The School is an AACSB International accredited school. Our programs have been thoroughly reviewed by our peers and found to be of the highest quality. This distinction is found with less than 5% of business schools worldwide.
- We have a robust connection with the Kansas business community, which will assist students in engaging in internships, real-life case studies, and service learning.
We are pleased to provide educational opportunities that are among the best in an environment much like a private school but at a public school price. Our business programs are a great value. As you look through our web pages, you will discover that we offer undergraduate academic programs in accounting, business administration, business education, information systems, management, and marketing. The School also has Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Accountancy, and Master of Science in Business Education degrees. We provide our students with a high-quality, stimulating learning environment.
The School of Business has a significant scholarship program for highly-qualified students and provides opportunities to have leadership opportunities in a variety of student organizations. The School is also home to the Kansas Business Hall of Fame and Small Business Development Center.
Please view our web pages and learn more about us. We look forward to working with you as you fulfill your academic and professional goals. Please let us know how we can be of assistance and feel free to contact me directly with any questions you have at email@example.com.
Dr. Kristie Ogilvie
Dean and Jones Distinguished Professor