How, When, and Where to Pay
-Summer 2015 Fee Payment Process
If you are enrolled but DO NOT PLAN to attend ESU for Summer 2015, you must withdraw from your classes by the end of the 100% refund period to completely reverse assessed tuition and fees from your student account. If you withdraw, after receiving financial aid, federal regulations may require payment of financial aid funds. Failure to withdraw obligates the student to pay tuition and fees in full.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS WHO DOES NOT PAY FEES OR MAKE FEE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS BY 5:00 P.M. CT ON THE MONDAY OF THE WEEK IN WHICH THE CLASS BEGINS WILL BE DROPPED FROM SCHEDULED CLASSES. For payment to be credited to your account by the Monday of the week in which the course begins, please allow time for mailing and processing. Financial aid must be authorized AND disbursed to be considered a payment on your account. Extended payments may be arranged in person at Cashiering Services in Plumb Hall or by calling 630-341-5340. Prior semester charges must be paid-in-full before any student can retain their Summer 2015 course schedule.
NOTE: Payment will retain the student’s class schedule. If payment has been applied to your account (i.e. personal payment, grants, scholarships, or loans) and you DO NOT PLAN to attend ESU, you must withdraw from your classes by the end of the 100% refund period to completely reverse assessed tuition and fees. Failure to do so obligates the student to pay tuition and fees in full.
Graduate students are not dropped for nonpayment. If a graduate student does not plan to attend ESU, you must withdraw from your classes by the end of the 100% refund period to completely reverse assessed tuition and fees.
Cashiering Services and Student Accounts (“Cashiering Services”) is responsible for the collection of tuition, fees and residence hall payments. Payments can be made online or at the Cashiering Services window located in Plumb Hall.
To pay online, visit your BuzzIn account and follow these instructions:
- Go to http://buzzin.emporia.edu
- Login: Username and Password
- Contact the Help Desk for Login Questions (620-341-5555)
- Select the “Academic Life” Tab
- Select the “Student Account Center”
- Select “Make a Payment”
- Follow the step by step instructions to complete payment
- A receipt will be generated once payment has been processed
Students pre-enrolled by 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 8, 2015:
- An electronic billing statement will be generated and available through the student’s BuzzIn account. Please check your BuzzIn account for updated information.
Students pre-enrolling AFTER 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 8, 2015:
- The student should see advisor to determine class schedule.
- SAC students should go to the Student Advising Center, PH 106 or call 620-341-5421.
- Check your Buzz In account for Summer 2015 course charges
- The student can
(1) pay fees at Cashiering Services
(2) pay fees online through your BuzzIn account.
- REVIEW YOUR BUZZIN ACCOUNT FOR HOLDS. THE STUDENT'S FEE PAYMENT CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ALL HOLDS ARE RESOLVED.
- Update your permanent and mailing address information through your BuzzIn account or with the Registration Office.
- Fees can be paid via your student BuzzIn account by electronic check or credit card. The University accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express credit card payments. Convenience fees apply for credit card payments. Check, cash and money order payments can be paid at Cashiering Services in Plumb Hall during regular office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or through the mail (Campus Box 4080, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS 66801). Please do not mail cash. A computer will be available in Plumb Hall for those needing assistance with the online payment process. CUSTOMER LINES MAY EXIST IF PAYING IN PERSON.
- All students are required to be paid-in-full or make payment arrangements by the Monday of the week in which the course begins. For payment to be credited to your account by the Monday of the week in which the course begins, please allow time for mailing and processing. Financial aid must be authorized AND disbursed to be considered a payment on your account.
NOTE: Prior semester charges must be paid-in-full before any student can retain their class schedule. Financial aid must be authorized AND disbursed to be considered a payment on your account.
- Any scholarships, grants or loans must first be applied to tuition and fees. Any excess funds that become available will be refunded to the student. Students that have set up direct deposit authorization online through their student BuzzIn account will receive excess financial aid funds by direct deposit no earlier than Friday, May 29, 2015. Students who have not completed the direct deposit authorization will be issued a check. Checks will not be mailed until Wednesday, June 3, 2015 and will be sent to the students mailing address. If your mailing address has changed, you must update your address online through BuzzIn or with the Registration Office.
- In order to avoid delay of processing excess financial aid funds, all students are encouraged to have a Title IV Authorization Release Non-Institutional Charges and Prior Year Charges Form on file. This form is available at www.emporia.edu/busaff/payment_options.htm or at Cashiering Services.
- A late fee assessment of $50 will be charged on all unpaid balances at the end of the term.
- No student shall be permitted to enroll for any semester if there are outstanding delinquencies from prior semesters. Students with outstanding debts to the University, whether financial or material, may have their transcripts and/or enrollment withheld.
- If the University receives a returned check for fees, the University reserves the right to withdraw the student from classes and to charge the student fees due as of that date.
Additional information is available from Cashiering Services.
NOTE: The University reserves the right to correct clerical errors.
FEE PAYMENT/EXTENED PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT
Fees can be paid in Cashiering Services during regular office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday. CLASSES THAT BEGIN PRIOR TO THE DISBURSEMENT OF FINANCIAL AID MUST BE PAID, OR ARRANGEMENTS MADE, BY MONDAY, JUNE 1, 2015. A non-refundable $50.00 administrative fee will be assessed for processing if the balance is unpaid after June 1, 2015.
Students may be eligible for a summer extended payment arrangement, administrative fees will apply. Extended payment arrangements may be completed in person at Cashiering Services in Plumb Hall or by calling 620-341-5340. These arrangements cannot be accomplished by a third party. Students may be required to pay collection agency and attorney fees and all other charges necessary for the collection, as allowed by law, of any amount not paid when due.
NOTE: The University reserves the right to correct clerical errors.