How, When, and Where to Pay -
Spring 2014 Fee Payment Process
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNT CHARGES
PLEASE NOTE: If you are enrolled but DO NOT PLAN to attend ESU for Spring 2014, you must withdraw from your classes by the end of the 100% refund period to completely reverse assessed tuition and fees from your student account. If you withdraw, after receiving financial aid, federal regulations may require payment of financial aid funds. Failure to withdraw obligates the student to pay tuition and fees in full.
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS WHO DO NOT PAY FEES OR MAKE FEE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS BY 5:00 P.M. CST ON January 28, 2014, WILL BE DROPPED FROM SCHEDULED CLASSES.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS WILL NOT BE DROPPED FROM SCHEDULED COURSES, BUT WILL RECEIVE A $50.00 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE, IF A BALANCE REMAINS ON THE ACCOUNT AFTER 5 P.M. CST ON January 28, 2014.
For payment to be credited to your account by the Monday of the week in which your class begins, please allow time for mailing and processing. Financial aid must be authorized AND disbursed to be considered a payment on your account. Prior semester charges must be paid-in-full before any student can retain their Spring 2014 course schedule.
NOTE: Payment will retain the student’s class schedule. If payment has been applied to your account (i.e. personal payment, grants, scholarships, or loans) and you DO NOT PLAN to attend ESU, you must withdraw from your classes by the end of the 100% refund period to completely reverse assessed tuition and fees. Failure to do so obligates the student to pay tuition and fees in full.
Cashiers & Student Accounts is responsible for the collection of tuition, fees and residence hall payments. Payments can be made online or at the Cashiering Services window located in Plumb Hall. Students are not officially enrolled in classes until fees are paid or payment arrangements have been made.
To pay online, visit your Buzz In account and follow these instructions:
1) Go to http://buzzin.emporia.edu
2)Login: Username and Password
- Contact the Help Desk for Login Questions (620-341-5555)
3) Select “Student Account Center”
- Located Under "Quick Links" on the Right Hand Side
4) Select “Make a Payment”
5) Follow the step by step instructions to complete payment
6) A receipt will be generated once payment has been processed
Students pre-enrolled by 12:00 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2013:
- An electronic billing statement will be generated and available through the student’s Buzz In account. Please check your Buzz In account for updated information. Please contact the Registration Office at 620-341-5211 for address changes.
Students pre-enrolling AFTER 12:00 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2013:
- The student should see advisor to determine class schedule.
- SAC students should go to the Student Advising Center, PH 206 or call 620-341-5421.
- Check your Buzz In account for Spring 2014 course charges
- The student can
(1) pay fees at Cashiering Services
(2) pay fees online through your Buzz In account.
- REVIEW YOUR BUZZ IN ACCOUNT FOR HOLDS. THE STUDENT’S FEE PAYMENT CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL THESE HOLDS ARE RESOLVED.
- Update your permanent and mailing address information through your Buzz In account.
- Fees can be paid via your student Buzz In account by electronic check or credit card. The University accepts Discover, MasterCard, VISA, and American Express credit card payments. Convenience fees apply for credit card payments. Check, cash and money order payments can be paid at Cashiering Services in Plumb Hall during regular office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or through the mail (Campus Box 4080, Emporia, KS 66801). Please do not mail cash. A computer will be available in Plumb Hall for those needing assistance with the online payment process. CUSTOMER LINES MAY EXIST IF PAYING IN PERSON.
- In order to avoid delay of processing excess financial aid funds, all students are encouraged to have a Title IV Authorization Release Non-Institutional Charges and Prior Year Charges Form on file. This form is available at www.emporia.edu/busaff/payment_options.htm or at Cashiering Services.
- Late fee assessment begins on Tuesday during the week the class begins.
- No student shall be permitted to finalize enrollment for any semester if there are outstanding delinquencies from prior semesters. Students with outstanding debts to the University, whether financial or material, may have their transcripts and/or enrollment withheld.
- If the University receives a returned check for fees, the University reserves the right to withdraw the student from classes and to charge the student fees due as of that date.
FEE PAYMENT/EXTENDED PAYMENT AGREEMENT
The University makes available an Extended Payment Agreement for account balances. Under this plan, students make a $150 account payment by the 5th day of class. This down payment, which can include financial aid, will retain the student’s class schedule. If a student can not pay the account balance in full by the first day of class, a $50 administrative fee will be applied to the account for an automatic payment extension to the 20th class day. If charges are not paid on or before the first extension, an additional $50 administrative fee will be automatically applied for an additional extention to the 35th class day. Any account balance remaining after the second payment extension is considered past due. A late fee of $50 will be assessed each month the balance remains outstanding. An Extended Payment Agreement can be completed in person or obtained on-line at http://www.emporia.edu/busaff. The form must be completed and returned to the Office of Cashiering Services prior to the 5th day of class.
NOTE: The University reserves the right to correct clerical errors.