How, When, and Where to Pay
-Spring 2015 Fee Payment Process
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNT CHARGES
GRADUATE STUDENTS (including non degree seeking graduate students) will NOT BE DROPPED from class for non-payment of tuition and fees. If you are enrolled but DO NOT PLAN to attend ESU in Spring 2015, you must withdraw from your classes by the end of the 100% refund period (February 3, 2015) to completely reverse assessed tuition and fees from your student account. If you withdraw, after receiving financial aid, federal regulations may require payment of that excess. Failure to withdraw obligates the student to pay tuition and fees in full.
All fees are due and payable on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 whether a billing statement is generated or not. For payment to be credited to your account by Tuesday, January 27th, please allow time for mailing and processing. Financial aid must be authorized AND disbursed to be considered a payment on your account.
If a student is unable to financially cover their entire account balance by Tuesday, January 27th, a $150 payment can be made toward the account balance. This payment will retain the student’s class schedule. Information regarding the extended payment option can be found at Cashiering Services in Plumb Hall or available at http://www.emporia.edu/busaff/student-information
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS RUN THE RISK OF BEING DROPPED from class for non-payment of tuition and fees if payment is not made on a student account by 5:00 p.m.CT on Tuesday, January 27, 2015.
NOTE: A $150 account down payment retains the student’s class schedule. If you have paid $150 or more on your student account (including grants, scholarships, and/or loan payments) and you DO NOT PLAN to attend ESU, you must withdraw from your classes by the end of the 100% period (February 3, 2015) to completely reverse assessed tuition and fees. Failure to do so obligates the student to pay tuition and fees in full. If you withdraw, after receiving financial aid, federal regulations may require payment of that excess. Failure to withdraw obligates the student to pay tuition and fees in full.
ALL STUDENTS – GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE
Any student, with a balance greater than $100 on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CT, will be charged an administrative fee of $50.
Cashiering Services and Student Accounts (“Cashiering Services”) is responsible for the collection of tuition, fees and residence hall payments. Payments can be made online or at the Cashiering Services window located in Plumb Hall. Students are not officially enrolled in classes until fees are paid or payment arrangements have been made.
To pay online, visit your Buzz In account and follow these instructions:
1) Go to http://buzzin.emporia.edu
- Login: Username and Password
1. Contact the Help Desk for Login Questions (620-341-5555)
2) Select the “Academic Life” Tab
3) Select the “Student Account Center”
4) Select “Make a Payment”
5) Follow the step by step instructions to complete payment
6) A receipt will be generated once payment has been processed
Students pre-enrolled by 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 10, 2014
• An electronic billing statement will be generated and available through the student’s Buzz In account. Please check your Buzz In account for updated information.
Students pre-enrolling AFTER 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 10, 2014
• The student should see advisor to determine class schedule.
• SAC students should go to the Student Advising Center, PH 106 or call 620-341-5421.
• Check your Buzz In account for Spring 2015 course charges
• The student can
(1) pay fees at Cashiering Services
(2) pay fees online through your Buzz In account.
1. REVIEW YOUR BUZZ IN ACCOUNT FOR HOLDS. THE STUDENT'S FEE PAYMENT CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ALL HOLDS ARE RESOLVED.
2. Update your permanent and mailing address information through your Buzz In account or with the Registration Office.
3. Fees can be paid via your student Buzz In account by electronic check or credit card. The University accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express credit card payments. Convenience fees apply for credit card payments. Check, cash and money order payments can be paid at Cashiering Services in Plumb Hall during regular office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT or through the mail (Campus Box 4080, Emporia, KS 66801). Please do not mail cash. A computer will be available in Plumb Hall for those needing assistance with the online payment process. CUSTOMER LINES MAY EXIST IF PAYING IN PERSON.
4. Any scholarships, grants or loans must first be applied to tuition and fees. Any excess funds that become available will be refunded to the student. Students that have set up direct deposit authorization online through their student Buzz In account will receive excess financial aid funds by direct deposit no earlier than Friday, January 16, 2015. Students who have not completed the direct deposit authorization will be issued a check. Checks will be available for students to pick up in Plumb Hall in the Rotunda beginning Wednesday, January 21, 2015. Checks not picked up will be mailed to the student’s current mailing address no earlier than Friday, January 23, 2015. If your mailing address has changed, you must update your address online through Buzz In or with the Registration Office.
5. All students are required to be paid-in-full by Tuesday, January 27, 2015. Information regarding the extended payment option can be found at Cashiering Services in Plumb Hall or available at
6. A $50 administrative fee will be charged on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 to all students who have an account balance greater than $100. Students must sign and submit the Extended Payment Agreement form in order to avoid account holds. Administrative fees will be assessed for the extension of payment on a student’s account. Processing and/or service charges may be assessed for some of the services. All reasonable charges necessary for the collection of any amount not paid when due will become the responsibility of the student.
7. In order to avoid delay of processing excess financial aid funds, all students are encouraged to have a Title IV Authorization Release Non-Institutional Charges and Prior Year Charges Form on file. This form is available at http://www.emporia.edu/busaff/important-forms/ or at Cashiering Services.
8. No student shall be permitted to finalize enrollment for any semester if there are outstanding delinquencies from prior semesters. Students with outstanding debts to the University, whether financial or material, may have their official transcripts and/or enrollment withheld.
9. If the University receives a returned check for fees, the University reserves the right to withdraw the student from classes and to charge the student fees due as of that date.
Additional information is available from Cashiering Services.
Extended Payment Agreement (Fall and Spring)
The University makes available an Extended Payment Agreement for account balances. Under this plan, students make a $150 account payment by the 5th day of class. This down payment, which can include financial aid, will retain the student’s class schedule. If a student can not pay the account balance in full by the first day of class, a $50 administrative fee will be applied to the account for an automatic payment extension to the 20th class day. If charges are not paid on or before the first extension, an additional $50 administrative fee will be automatically applied for an additional extension to the 35th class day. Any account balance remaining after the second payment extension is considered past due. A late fee of $50 will be assessed each month the balance remains outstanding. An Extended Payment Agreement can be completed in person or obtained on-line at http://www.emporia.edu/busaff. The form must be completed and returned to the Office of Cashiering Services prior to the 5th day of class.
NOTE: The University reserves the right to correct clerical errors.